I5 4460 vs FX 8350?

HritabanS_2661

Commendable
Nov 24, 2016
If you can spend around 200$ on a chip, then it would be wise to go for the newer architecture that means intel's 6th Gen Skylake Chips. For that you'll be getting newest DDR4 ram, much lower lithography ( 14nm Skylake[6400/6500] Vs 22nm Haswell[4460] ), lower TDP which means generating less heat & working more efficiently, latest M.2 Slots for Nvme based SSds and of course the 10-15% performance increasement over the haswell processor. And best part is this all comes at a similar cost you're likely going to spend if choosing a Haswell processor.

Or you can simply wait for sometime depending on your patience! and go for the 7th gen kabylake chips that Intel will be releasing soon or with the AMD's latest Zen offerings which is expected to be revealed on 17th January, 2017. Though they will be releasing their flagship processor first, but eventually they will be bringing all their latest chips based on the ZEN architecture soon to the market. So, its upto you if you wanna hold back or look forward to have the latest technologies!

For graphics card, both Amd's RX 480 and Nvidia's GTX 1060 are very very much capable at handling games at ultra on 1080p. And the best part is you can even go VR with those cards and can even play most games at 1440p with some graphics settings tweaked down. But based on various benchmarks and real time gaming tests from experts & tech professionals shows that the GTX 1060 is around 7% faster than the RX 480 in 1080p gaming and almost 15% faster than the RX 480 in 1440p gaming. Though AMD's latest ReLIVE Crimson Driver update is somewhat closing the GAP between those two GPUs.

This post might be a lengthy one! but hope this helps you. :)
Don't forget to let us know what you finally decide!
Good Luck.

FX-8350 + Rx 480 Get you 8 cores for rendering and with an OC it's faster. It is only par where it matters with i5. ie. at 1080p once you OC the AMD you get similar performance to the i5 for way less money. Or you could spend more for an intel i5 with only 4 cores witch is slower at rendering and instead of 85fps you'll get 90fps Yay!

If you ever stream or record with fraps or OBS the FX is better at that.

Don't listen to sarwar look at the video provided by amd, the spokesman does admit that it will barely keep up with intel current chipsets.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/new-product/pc-components/amd-zen-processor-release-date-price-specs-features-3643552/

^ Current news with amd's planned zen ^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DEfj2MRLtA

Give it another 6 months and intel will shut down amd again, I like amd but its just not fast enough to contend with intel.

Not a fanboy if you would look at the video instead of shooting off at the mouth stupidly.
You would realize quickly zen may not be the new cpu on the block to get when intels skylake is still on par with it.
Sure I'm for zen too, but the way amd is talking about their price tags for its new lineup, I don't think thats a great deal at all.
230.00+

alsmith

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2014
Which one is better of two different things? I gues it depends on if you want a processor or a graphics card.
I like the processor that fits my motherboard- unfortunately only one of them would fit. What's your motherboard? That kind of limits you. However both graphics cards would fit most modern boards.