Need help with RX 480 driver installation

Captainblackops

Commendable
Oct 9, 2016
Guys,
At AMD site there are two drivers namely AMD Radeon software and AMD Minimum Setup. What is the difference between them ? Also should i install both or AMD Radeon software is enough ?

Solution
You do not need to download both, in fact that would be counter productive.

Download the full version if you just want it all and be done (what most do i assume).

Download the minimal version if you want a online installer, that will let you choose what to install.

edit: Just added the description on amd's site, just under the download itself, for amd minimal setup:

Description:
​​A Web-based installer that automatically downloads and installs the minimum required AMD driver components for your system. An Internet connection is required.​

zesun

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2015
You do not need to download both, in fact that would be counter productive.

Download the full version if you just want it all and be done (what most do i assume).

Download the minimal version if you want a online installer, that will let you choose what to install.

edit: Just added the description on amd's site, just under the download itself, for amd minimal setup:

Description:
​​A Web-based installer that automatically downloads and installs the minimum required AMD driver components for your system. An Internet connection is required.​

Solution

bignastyid

Titan
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Captainblackops : "Installing RX 480 driver with onboard Intel graphics driver"