r9 290 drivers "Partly installed" Now my pc won't detect my gpu.

Speezquick

Commendable
Jun 26, 2016
So my brother had an issue where hes computer would black screen after some minutes and then turn off. And i was looking for why this could happen, but while we were searching the problem i decided just to turn off automatic restart so that we wouldn't get any interuptions while trying to find the problem. But anyways, i went on MSI afterburner and saw his gpu usage was spiking ALOT like from 0 usage to 90 usage idle and load. So i went to install the newest AMD drivers since i figured my brother never had done that since he first got his computer. But after installing his drivers and then reboot his computer it said "Drivers were partly installed" and no further information. Only thing i could click was restart (Which meant restarting his computer) That had no effect and i could press cancel history and some other meaningless things that would just bring me to AMD's website and nothing specific to help my problem.
So i was wondering now if anyone could help me sort out why my brothers gpu isnt detecting anywhere on his computer. And what is also wierd is that he doesnt even have integrated graphics on is fx 8320. So i wouldn't understand why the pc would even boot.

Any help is very much appreciated! :)

Specs:
Motherboard: ASUS m5a97 r.2
Cpu: AMD fx 8320
GPU: Sapphire Radeon r9 290 4gb TRI-X OC
Some random optical drive.
Storage: 1TB Seagate barracuda
Wireless internet from ASUS
Case: Corsair Carbide 200R

WINDOWS 8.1

Speezquick

Commendable
Jun 26, 2016

I did not manually uninstall the old drivers from his system but i did like a clean install so that it deleted the old drivers. And i tryed to check the gpu in system by right clicking windows - then systems - advanced settings etc but Only like Microsoft basic display adapter was shown.

TRENDING THREADS