RX 480 graphics card display problem

korkota

Reputable
Nov 11, 2015
Hello, i have recently encountered a little problem. I have LG flatron w2243s monitor which has a VGA connector and as rx 480 is not compatible with VGA cable I bought this adapter https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00879DM56/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 whenever I set resolution on 1920 x 1080 after 10 minutes the screen becomes glitchy and after 15 minutes images on screen are totally unrecognizable. also whenever I try to set resolution It says that 1024 x 768 is the recommended resolution. I updated drivers but it did not help. so any Ideas whats wrong with it? thanks for help in advance

It is either the adapter or the cable. Since the cable is usually much cheaper, try with a different one.

Also, I had an issue with TV (HDMI without any converters, unlike your case, but still the source was HDMI) where it would display garbage or purple hue over the screen - fixed by setting the Radeon Crimson drivers to have Pixel Format RGB, they default to YCbCr which is wrong. You might try that as well.

korkota

Reputable
Nov 11, 2015
I connected the pc to my TV with HDMI cable and it worked fine, I also connected it with VGA adapter and it worked fine too. so does it mean that it's my monitors fault? is there any way to optimize it? the monitor is 5 years old but I have never encountered problems with it before :(