120% power target GTX 1080

mpperrusquia

Reputable
Apr 18, 2014
i finally got around to overclocking my 1080 (Founders Edition) I could only get a stable overclock with a 200mhz core offset, and 350mhz on the memory. Is a 120% power target safe? Under really intense loads it's in the 80's C but everything seems stable. My chassis is the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG and it seems to handle the heat well, there's a rear fan almost right next to the 1080 pushing a lot of air out, it's just fairly loud under load. What setting up a custom fan curve help a bit?

Solution
A +200Mhz core offset is not half bad. You can try to get it higher by lowering the memory clock to stock and only pushing core though. The main problem is that, at 80C, the card will start to throttle itself so you will not see the benefits of a higher overclock as much.

As for your original question, yes a 120% power limit should be safe, just make sure to keep an eye on temps. :)
A +200Mhz core offset is not half bad. You can try to get it higher by lowering the memory clock to stock and only pushing core though. The main problem is that, at 80C, the card will start to throttle itself so you will not see the benefits of a higher overclock as much.

As for your original question, yes a 120% power limit should be safe, just make sure to keep an eye on temps. :)

Solution