My r7 240 reached 100C. Should I be worried?

Dolphing Kujog

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2014
Hey guys! I ran some benchmarks using Unigine Heaven. I was able to complete 26/26 scenes but at one point the temperature reached 100C. I have the Sapphire r7 240 1GB GDDR5

Solution
Yes. It will likely be throttling at those temps thus reducing performance. Why is it so hot? I would make sure the r7 240's cooler is not packed with dust and that your case has at least some airflow. What are cpu temps? And what cpu do you have?

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
Yes. It will likely be throttling at those temps thus reducing performance. Why is it so hot? I would make sure the r7 240's cooler is not packed with dust and that your case has at least some airflow. What are cpu temps? And what cpu do you have?

Solution

Dolphing Kujog

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2014

My CPU is no problem. I got a Core 2 Quad Q8300 and temps would go 65C when I tried prime 95. I am using an aftermarket cooler for my CPU but only the stock cooler for my GPU. Regarding the case, well I got a crappy one. No fan (lol right?) and side cover was removed because the CPU cooler wont fit. Also, would you recommend using afterburner and set the fan to 100%?