Looking for a $450-500 build with i7-3770.

King12pro

Commendable
Apr 3, 2016
Hello peeps, my friend is willing to get a new pc. he has the i7-3770 and since it's good for a nowadays build, I thought of keeping it and upgrade the rest. things he doesn't want to include in the build is the HDD, the CPU fan and the PSU (500 Watt) because he already has them. Also, the cheapest the better.

His current build is:
0c7d91ec5065450c91b08d1504f96ffb.png

So, do you think he should just get a gtx 1060 6gb and new RAM? or I should upgrade the motherboard?

Solution

Is this a pre-built system? If you are building around the same CPU why are you looking at anything other than a faster video card and more RAM? If anything you would want to replace the hard drive with a new SSD, will make...

King12pro

Commendable
Apr 3, 2016

That's a pretty good build, but I don't know why you chose a micro-atx mb and lowered the budget so much. also, will make sure about the PSU. thank you for your help. :)

I forgot to mention that case isn't needed aswell. so, that might help a bit. =p

Is this a pre-built system? If you are building around the same CPU why are you looking at anything other than a faster video card and more RAM? If anything you would want to replace the hard drive with a new SSD, will make loading things a lot faster in addition to the RAM and video card. GTX 1060 is good for your price range, if there are thoughts about running on past 1080 resolution you would want the 6 GB version. Video card, new 500 gb Samsung Evo 850 and 4 GB of RAM, system upgraded.

Solution