800*600 on Cs go. Does it improve FPS?

Nikemerc

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016
Does 800*600 improve FPS on Cs go?
I have a laptop with a 15 inch 720p screen. I read online that people were getting 30-60 on lowest. So I I was wondering if I could get the resolution to 800*600 for the best amount of FPS.
i checked game debate and the CPU is fine but the GPU is just over the line for recommended.
A8-7410
R5 7410 integrated
8gb ram
1tb hdd

Solution
the lower the settings, both in game and resolution, the higher the FPS. You should still be able to go full screen so you wouldn't lose part of the map as mentioned above...the quality will be very poor on a 720P with 800x600 res. you may be able to raise the resolution some beyond 800x600 assuming your iGPU is capable enough so you'll have to test it with different resolutions at the lowest in game settings. Regardless it should help raise your FPS.

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
the lower the settings, both in game and resolution, the higher the FPS. You should still be able to go full screen so you wouldn't lose part of the map as mentioned above...the quality will be very poor on a 720P with 800x600 res. you may be able to raise the resolution some beyond 800x600 assuming your iGPU is capable enough so you'll have to test it with different resolutions at the lowest in game settings. Regardless it should help raise your FPS.

Solution

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador

Kind of where I was going with things. what ever the frame rate is at the lowest settings is highest frame rate the CPU is likely capable of...being a laptop he can't use a different GPU anyways. Point being he could lower all the settings and slowly raise only the resolution to see where his CPU bottlenecks. If he gets the same frame rate at 800x600 as he does 720 the the CPU is bottlenecking at both resolutions...if its better at 800x600 then 720P then the cpu is not a bottleneck for the GPU at all.