i5 6400 and 1070 cant run bf1 at 1080p 60fps

chris_360

Commendable
Dec 30, 2016
i have High setting on all things and even when i put it on low i still only get 50 my frame cap is 200 and im not sure if ther is something im doing wrong

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
I have been responding to countless threads like yours. The sad truth is BF1 eats i5s for breakfast. It is a well threaded game and will take as many threads as you can through at it. If you have already lowered your graphics settings as low as they go as well as resolution to find your CPUs max frame rate (if you haven't do this now) then that's all you'll ever get. It will show you were your CPU bottleneck is. If you do get a better frame rate doing this it slowly raise the settings until you find a playable set-up to your likely. BF1 is a CPU hog and you are not even close to the only one I have helped figure this out. LMk what your frame rate is at the lowest settings.

chris_360

Commendable
Dec 30, 2016

but yet again my friend has a old amd apu but has a rx 480 and he runs it fine

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
Did you run the lowest setting and resolution yet? as for your friend I can't say...what people find playable is subjective. Regardless I have seen posts everyday all day like yours and more times then not it boils down to the CPU being too week. So lower all your settings and resolution and tell me what your frame rate is then.

In single player, games always run better. They also vary from place to place in game. Your friend being able to "Play the game just fine", isn't exactly saying he never drops below 60 FPS. Now you'll see in the following benchmark, they are getting 69 FPS as the low, with a bit faster CPU than yours. That doesn't mean they would never get lower than that in areas of the game that wasn't tested either. You should also notice that the game appears to run with better minimums in DX11. Try the game with DX11.

CPU_FuryX.png

chris_360

Commendable
Dec 30, 2016

yeah and i get the same fps as i do on max