HD 7770 Fan Issue

marcelyx1

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
Like the title says i have issues with the fan in 7770. When the computer start it jerks a little maybe 2 circles and then it stops. I tried some very demanding games and the GPU is at 75 celsius and the fan still wont start. I tried usingMSI Afterburner and the fan only start spining from 75-100 which is very loud. If i try anything below 75 it wont even start, BUT if i first put it on 75 i can gradually go down to 60 but the spinning is inconsistent and it stops after 5 seconds. Can anybody tell me if my GPU is broken or is it just some feature ( i dont think that 75 celsius is normal tbh) thanks for the answers.

Solution

I had this card about a year ago and had this because it was passively cooled until it got hot.

Does the fan spin...
Jun 21, 2015

I had this card about a year ago and had this because it was passively cooled until it got hot.

Does the fan spin when you first boot? If it doesn't, then you probably have a card that is passively cooled until it gets hot or your card isn't functioning correctly.

Whether or not it spins, try AMD overdrive and other fan control programs to see if you can get it to work.

Solution