2016 build for Vfx & Gaming for around INR 1,20,000

harshitpoddar

Reputable
Jan 2, 2017
My current build:-
CPU- i7 6700k LGA1151 (INR 28,200)
CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Intel (INR 4,900)
Motherboard - MSI Z170A KRAIT GAMING 3X 1151 socket (INR 17,000)
Memory - Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (2x4GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz (INR 7,500)
GPU - ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 8GB ROG STRIX (INR 35,000)
PSU - Corsair CX750 750W (INR 8,000)
Storage 1 - HDD - WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200 rpm (INR 3,700)
Storage 2 - SSD - Samsung 850 evo 250GB (INR 7,800)
Cabinet - Corsair SPEC-03 Mid tower Case (INR 5,700)

These parts are selected based on price and availability in India.
Parts are priced on the basis of www.amazon.in (Indian website)

Specifically suggest the best PSU possible. Also, will I be needing Liquid Cooling or more fans?
Please suggest better compatible parts and also better builds for a few higher bucks. (If any)

Primary purpose for the build is Vfx, 3D modelling while Gaming is important but secondary. While I understand Xeon and Quadro are better for rendering purposes but they go beyond my budget. Hence, I'll stick to the conventional Gaming build.

Solution
You could get an AMD WX5100 but I assume it'll be significantly higher priced than the 1070 you have right now and gaming would be bad on the workstation card. You can add two more fans for top exhaust but with your case coming with 3 fans will be more than adequate. You'll benefit most with more ram on your system. Gaming is fine but for 3D rendering on 3DS max and Sketchup w a plugin, your system with at least 16/32GB of ram would be greatly taken advantage of. If this is going to be a system that generates income, you'll be best served with a faster system than a capable system.

I would like to suggest though since you're working with a single GPU, have you considered downsizing the build to something like an matx or...

Lutfij

Titan
You could get an AMD WX5100 but I assume it'll be significantly higher priced than the 1070 you have right now and gaming would be bad on the workstation card. You can add two more fans for top exhaust but with your case coming with 3 fans will be more than adequate. You'll benefit most with more ram on your system. Gaming is fine but for 3D rendering on 3DS max and Sketchup w a plugin, your system with at least 16/32GB of ram would be greatly taken advantage of. If this is going to be a system that generates income, you'll be best served with a faster system than a capable system.

I would like to suggest though since you're working with a single GPU, have you considered downsizing the build to something like an matx or mitx build? If you're interested we could do some mock ups for you...?

If you're sticking to atx then pick up a Seasonic SS-660XP2 or a Corsair RM650x unit.

Solution

harshitpoddar

Reputable
Jan 2, 2017

Thanks for the reply.
I'll be upgrading ram to 32gb after some time.
Also, Corsair RM750x is just few bucks costlier. So should I go for that?

One last thing. Kaby Lake processors are finally out. (i7-7700k) Should I wait for it?

TRENDING THREADS