Fx 6300 overclock

LynXinoXx

Commendable
Dec 28, 2016
Hello friends, I mostly play Rust, H1Z1 and GTA 5. They are CPU intensive games and indeed, my fx 6300 can not give me 60 fps so I was thinking of overclocking. When I play H1Z1 or rust with my friend, he gets 60 fps or more but when I play those games I get around 40 fps.... I do not understand because he has a fx 8300 stock and I got fx 6300 at 3,7 ghz. My graphic card is also better than him and I got 8 gb of ram.

Help please

Solution
If you have a decent CPU cooler on it.. Just read a complete overclocking guide (there are like 25 of these on the Tom's forum).

He is getting better performance because quite frankly he has a superior CPU to yours. You could close that gap a bit by a solid overclock.

If you are using a stock cooler I would recommend getting a decent CPU cooler before jumping into it. The stock cooler is meant for stock TDP and won't perform very well as you increase the voltage and temperature.

Faktion

Reputable
Oct 24, 2015
If you have a decent CPU cooler on it.. Just read a complete overclocking guide (there are like 25 of these on the Tom's forum).

He is getting better performance because quite frankly he has a superior CPU to yours. You could close that gap a bit by a solid overclock.

If you are using a stock cooler I would recommend getting a decent CPU cooler before jumping into it. The stock cooler is meant for stock TDP and won't perform very well as you increase the voltage and temperature.

Solution