I5 6400 Entry level gaming

JForEnvy

Commendable
Aug 13, 2016
Hello, I was wondering if an i5 6400 is a good processor for games like overwatch, rocket league, cs:go, binding of Isaac, etc. I know that processor don't play a big part in gaming but I was wondering if it could run fast as well

Solution

It's a decent CPU, no doubt. Definitely not great, but it will manage in those games.

If you can squeeze a bit more money, i'd recommend the i5 6500 as it's the best price/value Skylake CPU atm and have a bit more of single core speed, which really matter in gaming.

If you cannot, the 6400's still a good choice nonetheless and it's still able to play those games while paired with a good GPU.

manddy123

Admirable

It's a decent CPU, no doubt. Definitely not great, but it will manage in those games.

If you can squeeze a bit more money, i'd recommend the i5 6500 as it's the best price/value Skylake CPU atm and have a bit more of single core speed, which really matter in gaming.

If you cannot, the 6400's still a good choice nonetheless and it's still able to play those games while paired with a good GPU.

Solution

It will be fine.. Some very intensive games may run a little low fps wise but the CPU & GPU are well balanced.