RX 480 driver issue (Code 43)

Eskate

Commendable
Mar 27, 2016
Hey guys!

So I've got a RX 480 (using Windows 10 Home 64-bit), it worked fine for like 2 months, but I updated it last week (drivers from AMD itself) and after that, I got an error when I wanted to open AMD Settings;
'No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware.'

I downloaded drivers again, uninstalled them (even with DDU), tried older versions, nothing worked.

When I go control panel, device manager, it says: (code 43) in the description of my RX 480, it has a yellow exclamation mark on it.

You guys got any ideas?
Sorry for bad English, thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

Eskate

Commendable
Mar 27, 2016

Yep already did that, didn't work, thanks for help tho.

ForFun

Prominent
May 17, 2017

Hi Eskate

I had the same issue
I found out while playing with different drivers win 10 remembered them of course after uninstalling them...
so to get rid of all ati drivers I used their cleanup tool
http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Clean-Uninstall-Utility.aspx
once you run it, it will work in the background and you need to wait for a few moments to get the notify all dll was removed...

after this however I installed manually the dirver and pointed to the ini file from device manager

I used crimson 16.10.1
download it
run the exe to unpack but cancel the installation
after this go to device manager, select the gpu
update driver -> browse my computer -> let me pick from a list ... -> have a disk -> gor to the ini file show below
C:\ATI\ATI GPU\WHQL-Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-16.10.1-Oct13\Packages\Drivers\Display\WT6A_INF\C0307915.inf

select the driver and confirm
while installing the dll the display will blink a lot and also it takes a while

for now it works fine :bounce:

my system is:
intel g4400 3.3GHz, 8GB, 120GB SSD, 4x RX 480 8GB, windows 10 pro 64x