R9 390 poor performance HELPP

M4R1U5PR0

Commendable
Jan 7, 2017
R9 390 not performing highly in games such as cs go. I've tested this card using programs such as 3Dmark and fur mark and I seem to be getting the same scores as other people with my gpu.
I am running an fx 8350 8 core oc to 4.4ghz so I don't think there is any bottleneck. In cs go where people are getting 200-300 fps with high settings I am only getting 120-150 fps and I even tried running the crew on ultra 1080p , this dipped to 30 fps a lot of the time . At first I though it was a driver issue seeing as i upgraded from an r9 270 to this and to solve this i factory reset and wiped my whole pc. But nothing has changed dramatically. In fur mark at the 1080p preset I average 85-90 fps . But I simply don't understand why it can't perform just as well in games. In cinabench i managed to get 83 fps on the OpenGL test.

4745454b

Titan
Try adding the ones he did then?

I'm not sure how much of a problem you have. I can't find any reviews showing the 390 and the games you mentioned. While I couldn't find The Crew, I did see a review of Project Cars which showed minimum frame rates as low as mid 30s so that might be normal. You said the synthetic tests showed normal results so perhaps there is nothing wrong?

M4R1U5PR0

Commendable
Jan 7, 2017
I've just seen a thread saying that I should change the display adapter settings from 59hz which is default on this gpu for some reason to 60hz. I did and my fps which was 30 on GTA on ultra went to 60 and is at lowest 150 on cs go . I'll update soon after I test some more things out

4745454b

Titan
In that case double check the Vsync setting. Make sure it's off to allow the higher frame rates. Might be on not only in the game, but drivers or 3rd party apps like Afterburner or other such programs. If it's on somewhere it might lower your scores.

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

a benchmark is not a game

csgo is a cpu bound game, adding more gpu wont give you better fps if the cpu is too weak

and yes a 8350 bottlenecks a 390