fx-6300 overclocking problums

Owen_27

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016
hey. i have a fx6300 a cyorge h7 cooler and a asrock fatsl1ty 990fx mobo and i cant get the chip past 3.8 ghz no mater what. help pleas

Solution
When chip manufacturers like Intel, Amd,TSMC, UMC, GF, etc. make wafers, there are slight variations in material quality across the wafer surface, there are local variations in how the lithography, metal vapor deposition, photo resist chemical deposition, etc. are done and this can yield a significant contrast between how good the best chip of a given batch will perform vs how bad the worst chip of the same batch will perform.

To maximize profit, chip manufacturers test and sort chips based on various criteria such as leakage current, power draw at key frequencies, salvageable defects, etc. to decide which product range the chips fit best in. That's binning.

When you buy a Cpu you playing the lottery: you are guaranteed a chip that...
When chip manufacturers like Intel, Amd,TSMC, UMC, GF, etc. make wafers, there are slight variations in material quality across the wafer surface, there are local variations in how the lithography, metal vapor deposition, photo resist chemical deposition, etc. are done and this can yield a significant contrast between how good the best chip of a given batch will perform vs how bad the worst chip of the same batch will perform.

To maximize profit, chip manufacturers test and sort chips based on various criteria such as leakage current, power draw at key frequencies, salvageable defects, etc. to decide which product range the chips fit best in. That's binning.

When you buy a Cpu you playing the lottery: you are guaranteed a chip that performs at least up to stock standard but you have absolutely no way to know beforehand how much farther beyond that your specific chip can go under any given circumstances beyond stock conditions. That's the chip lottery. Some may max out 4.5GHz while others may hit 5GHz. Some may require 1.4V to get to a given clock rate while others may require 1.55V.

How much voltage are you using for your cpu and watch this and see if it helps you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9uXysmgPi8 but if your already using 1.55 on your cpu voltage than your cpu has reached it's limlt

Solution

Owen_27

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016
i've herd of this but the chip is supposed to turbo to 4.1 and no mater how much voltage i put through it it always freezes when i run prime95 at 3.9 but anyways thank you for your response ill just have to deal with 3.8ghz.

TRENDING THREADS