GT 730 1Gb ddr5 Vs GT 730 2Gb ddr3

fluxandz

Commendable
Dec 6, 2016
So I want to buy a new gpu, the one I have now doesn't really satisfy me and I'm thinking about a GT 730.
I found 2 of them used, the ddr5 one costs around 50 bucks and the ddr3 one 35.
Which one is better? I usually play games like LoL or Rocket League (on low with bad FPS), I'd like to play games like The Witcher 2 (wich I can't with my current GPU) or Far Cry 3, oldish games.

Solution

If that is the case, yeah I would try and find the 64bit, gddr5 730 over the other alternative which is significantly slower. Also, like others have referenced, the x2 340 is really low end for 2017. You can definitely play csgo at consistent fps I would say, but overwatch or any other newer fps I wouldn't bother attempting, you would barely eek out 30fps even paired with a good graphics card. But those others games will be fine, you should play them without a problem.

Anonymous09

Honorable
Jul 15, 2015

FC3 can run on either cards fine, but for 50 bucks, and a willingness to buy used, you can find a whole lot better. Search around on ebay, or some amazon sellers. You can find some decent 600 series and 700 series cards at around the same price that are better. But really you should have more in your budget for a graphics card, what burgess said had some truth to it, the 730 really isn't that great of a card and you'd be really throwing your money away buying one, I would save up a bit and double or triple your budget to find a better card to last you much longer. Also, to that effect and to help determine which card makes the most sense, what are the specs for the rest of your build?

If you have to get one of these 730s, you want the DDR5 version it's not even close. However be aware there are limitations, as you would expect with a super low end gaming card. One, 1gb ram means you have to be careful with the settings, you don't have extra memory to indulge yourself with high settings. Also, it's a 64 bit card which means it loses performance fast as you raise the resolution. 720p would be the maximum you'd want to use with this card, and using a lower resolution would be a better idea.

fluxandz

Commendable
Dec 6, 2016

Right now I have an AMD x2 340 processor and a HD6570 GPU. I can't use Amazon or ebay because I'm not from America or a country that can use it. The prices around my place are pretty high on computer parts and being a teenager with close to no income it's kinda hard to get good parts for my pc.

Anonymous09

Honorable
Jul 15, 2015

If that is the case, yeah I would try and find the 64bit, gddr5 730 over the other alternative which is significantly slower. Also, like others have referenced, the x2 340 is really low end for 2017. You can definitely play csgo at consistent fps I would say, but overwatch or any other newer fps I wouldn't bother attempting, you would barely eek out 30fps even paired with a good graphics card. But those others games will be fine, you should play them without a problem.

Solution