Fx-9370 Incorrect temps.

GINGERATTACK1

Reputable
Sep 18, 2015
As my title says my temperatures are all out of wack, on both msi afterburner and openhardware monitor say im reaching as low as 0 degrees Celsius. Im not gaming in the snow or anything, I have a nic C4 cpu cooler that can cool up to a 220 watt tdp which is what the fx9370 is rated at. I would really like to know my real temperatures as to not cook my computer.

Edit: Thank you for all your answers, found out that msi afterburner cannot accurately tell me my temperatures and that I should use amd overdrive, I also found out my Nic C4 isnt "sufficient" cooling by amd's standards, but with my case fans it does more than enough. Again thanks for all the help, I just upgraded from an i7 965x which is now 8+ years old so I'm new to amd cpu's.

GINGERATTACK1

Reputable
Sep 18, 2015

It may not meet my cooling capacity by itself with its two fans, but ive also got 2 case intake fans that are 200mm each running at top speed, it may sound like a jet engine and I have sound cancelling headphones. There is no overheating going on at all, thank you for the link though that has some pretty good info in it. Anyway mike was right with the amd overdrive solution.

GINGERATTACK1

Reputable
Sep 18, 2015
Well I've installed amd overdrive now but the absurdity of my temperatures startles me, at 100% load with prime95 I'm getting 32 degrees celsius. That can't be right, surely? My CPU cooler is okay at best it isn't some Jesus fueled Frankenstein monster or anything.

Edit: I was looking at the thermal margin, IE distance from operating temperatures, so my pc is now running fine and dandy, just wish amd showed me the temperatures and didn't make me do the math but thats fine.

GINGERATTACK1

Reputable
Sep 18, 2015

Just figured that out as you sent this, IE the edit, thanks for clearing it up.