Solved

Need help choosing a case

I'm buying a bunch of new PC parts pretty soon, because some (Almost my whole setup) needs an upgrade, because half of it is no-name pre-built computer parts and others just don't provide the performance I need like my CPU (i5 6402p, 2.8 Ghz) and I was looking at some motherboards and realized that it may not be compatible with my case. I have a X-Saber 520 windowed case, from a Cyberpower PC pre-built. The build I have in mind is https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wwFY2R (Includes some of my current, and some of my parts that I will buy)

If anyone is familiar with the X-Saber 520, would this build be compatible? Though I don't really expect it to. And if not, anyone have any good case recommendations that'll be all good with these? Thanks in advance.
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about choosing case
  1. Your case is standard atx , it'll fit those components easily enough if you're tight on budget.

    You're honestly probably better selling the system as it stands though working & building completely new.
  2. Best answer
    CPU COOLER - The Gammaxx is the better budget purchase. Great cooler with the only knock being some noise fan while the fan is at speed. Same class as the Hyper 212 EVO, but cheaper at the moment.
    MB - The Gigabyte below will be just fine. Same features for less cost.
    MEM - The DDR4-3000 modules below are priced nicely at the moment.
    HD - The WD Blue is a better performer.
    PSU - The EVGA G2 is nice, but a bit overpriced for a 550w Gold rated unit. Check out prices on XFX and Seasonic as well as the EVGA G2 / G3 lineup.

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($349.89 @ B&H)
    CPU Cooler: Deepcool GAMMAXX 400 74.3 CFM CPU Cooler ($19.88 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($123.98 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($84.97 @ Jet)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.66 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB GT OCV1 Video Card ($249.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic G 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($69.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $948.36
  3. madmatt30 said:
    Your case is standard atx , it'll fit those components easily enough if you're tight on budget.

    You're honestly probably better selling the system as it stands though working & building completely new.


    Yea, I was thinking of just selling my system as a whole, because I don't exactly want all these spare parts just laying around. Though I'd keep my current GPU, because it's a GTX 1060, would it be worth it to get a cheaper GPU to put it in and sell it, or should I just sell it with my 1060 in it and just re-buy? What case recommendations would you have that could fit all those parts with no problem? Preferably low budget but to an extent I'll consider anything.
  4. sadams04 said:
    CPU COOLER - The Gammaxx is the better budget purchase. Great cooler with the only knock being some noise fan while the fan is at speed. Same class as the Hyper 212 EVO, but cheaper at the moment.
    MB - The Gigabyte below will be just fine. Same features for less cost.
    MEM - The DDR4-3000 modules below are priced nicely at the moment.
    HD - The WD Blue is a better performer.
    PSU - The EVGA G2 is nice, but a bit overpriced for a 550w Gold rated unit. Check out prices on XFX and Seasonic as well as the EVGA G2 / G3 lineup.

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($349.89 @ B&H)
    CPU Cooler: Deepcool GAMMAXX 400 74.3 CFM CPU Cooler ($19.88 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($123.98 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($84.97 @ Jet)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.66 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB GT OCV1 Video Card ($249.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic G 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($69.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $948.36


    Cool, thanks a lot for the suggestions, really appreciate it!
  5. Sell it as the whole system without a GPU mate , someone who wants a basic but fast PC (non gaming) would buy it im sure.
    That i5 still as integrated graphics onboard , it'll work without a dedicated GPU fine for those tasks.
    Let the buyer sort his own GPU if he/she wants one.
    Including your 1060 & buying a new one will put you an extra $50-60 out of pocket IMO.
  6. madmatt30 said:
    Sell it as the whole system without a GPU mate , someone who wants a basic but fast PC (non gaming) would buy it im sure.
    That i5 still as integrated graphics onboard , it'll work without a dedicated GPU fine for those tasks.
    Let the buyer sort his own GPU if he/she wants one.
    Including your 1060 & buying a new one will put you an extra $50-60 out of pocket IMO.


    Great, thanks a lot! You've been a big help. Honestly I completely forgot about the CPU having an integrated graphics in it as well, so thanks for the reminder heh.
Ask a new question

Read More

Cases Compatibility Systems