i3 6100 bottleneck GTX960 in Battlefield 1

diff_ua

Commendable
Jan 11, 2017
Hi everyone.
Some days ago I've change my FX6300 to a newer and "better" i3 6100, so now I have less fps with any graphic settings (from low to ultra). For example, with FX6300 I had 40-60 FPS with a rare drops to 30 fps.
I saw a lot of videos on youtube where i3 6100 looks very well in BF1 and shows stable 60 fps. What is the problem?
I tried unpark cores, turn off energy-saving features in BIOS, but any changes :(

I have a log from MSI Afterburber. i3 bottelneck GTX960. GPU loaded only for 70-85%
Link to dowload

My specs:
MSI GTX 960 4Gb
MSI Z170 Krait 3X
HyperX Fury 16Gb 2600 (OC) DDR4
Aerocool KSAS 750W
Windows 10 Pro
MSI BIOS Ver. 2.50
Resolution: 1650x1080

Solution
If you didn't do a fresh install of windows, absolutely. That's step 1. After a fresh install of windows make sure to download and install the motherboard drivers as well as the latest video card drivers. Intel and amd chipsets aren't the same, they run on very different drivers.

Also keep in mind that bf1 is cpu intensive and makes use of cpu speed as well as core count. The i3's speed isn't bad, hyper threading helps it a bit but it's still a dual core cpu. Given the results many people have experienced with bf1 I'd be surprised if an i3 maintained 60fps without drops especially with higher player maps on multiplayer. I5's are often being maxed out and able to maintain 60fps with occasional dips into the mid 50's.
Hello,

This appears to be a tough issue with no apparent reason for the under-performing GPU.

Some things that come to mind:

1.) Is the PCIE power connector properly connected? (Remove and re-insert.)

2.) Is the Nvidia display driver properly installed? (Try to re-install latest from Nvidia.)

3.) Run Firestrike demo and see if GPU maxes out usage, compare to other GTX 960 scores. http://store.steampowered.com/app/402290/

diff_ua

Commendable
Jan 11, 2017

1) Yes. But I will check it tomorrow again
2) I uninstalled all last Nvidia drivers and installed the last stable version which I used earlier (with clear install option)
3) Thanks, I'll try it
First of all, thank you for a fresh idea that the problem is not in the CPU performance, hope you are right

diff_ua

Commendable
Jan 11, 2017
It doesn't work for me. Any ideas? As I said above I've changed my Mobo (absolutely different chipset), but Windows started well even so. Should I reinstall Windows?

If you didn't do a fresh install of windows, absolutely. That's step 1. After a fresh install of windows make sure to download and install the motherboard drivers as well as the latest video card drivers. Intel and amd chipsets aren't the same, they run on very different drivers.

Also keep in mind that bf1 is cpu intensive and makes use of cpu speed as well as core count. The i3's speed isn't bad, hyper threading helps it a bit but it's still a dual core cpu. Given the results many people have experienced with bf1 I'd be surprised if an i3 maintained 60fps without drops especially with higher player maps on multiplayer. I5's are often being maxed out and able to maintain 60fps with occasional dips into the mid 50's.

Solution