R9 390 memory clock running at 150 in msi afterburner!

flyguy5789

Commendable
Jan 11, 2017
My afterburner for my msi radeon r9 390 keeps reading my memory clock as 150, so i have to reinstall msi afterburner everytime i open my computer. This does affect my games fps as well and gpu-z reads 1500 which is what it should be, but msi afterburner reads 150 mhz and when it reads this my games run horrible. However when i reinstall the program every time, it goes back up to 1500 and my games run fine. I tried reinstalling my entire OS and wiped my computer to start over, this includes reinstalling drivers, but nothing changes.

Solution
Did you find a fix for this? The ReLive drivers have been a cause for this, try changing the desktop resolution, change the memory clock in Wattman, then switch to your original desktop resolution. The AMD 17.1 driver works better than the 17.2.

gtr22

Distinguished
May 11, 2012
Did you find a fix for this? The ReLive drivers have been a cause for this, try changing the desktop resolution, change the memory clock in Wattman, then switch to your original desktop resolution. The AMD 17.1 driver works better than the 17.2.

Solution