i7 7700 or i7 7700k (GAMING)

TheLegend28

Commendable
Jan 12, 2017
I have a question about a CPU i want to buy.

I want to purchase an intel i7 7700 3.6GHz CPU, but i saw that there is another i7 7700,but with a ''K'' in the end(like i7 7700K) and 4,2 Ghz instead of 3,6. I'm not into overclocking too much so i'm not gonna overclock my CPU, but my question is if there is a very big difference between them(they are both Kaby Lake)? I will use my CPU only for gaming, and the prices between them is kinda big from where i want to buy them.

Solution
You do get an increase, but if you are strictly gaming, most games do not take advantage of it. However, if you are sticking witht eh i7, go with the K to get a faster clock speed out of the box. NOt to mention, its something to have it, and if you want to do more, you can. Even if you are not getting a Z270 motherboard, you will get faster speeds. You will need to get a cooler, but air coolers are not that expensive and are under $35 USD.
You do get an increase, but if you are strictly gaming, most games do not take advantage of it. However, if you are sticking witht eh i7, go with the K to get a faster clock speed out of the box. NOt to mention, its something to have it, and if you want to do more, you can. Even if you are not getting a Z270 motherboard, you will get faster speeds. You will need to get a cooler, but air coolers are not that expensive and are under $35 USD.

Solution