~ £350 dslr camera

DovyNorris

Reputable
Oct 13, 2014
I'm looking for recommendations on a dslr camera under £350, including lens and the rest of it. Preferably on amazon.co.uk as it has great customer service. I would like to use it to take pictures and videos of animals and scenery up to a mile or two whilst maintaining high definition image/video ideally something like 1080p. The mic (if any) doesn't have be outstanding.

Original budget was £300 put may go up to £400 if it is a good camera. If it can take good detailed pics of the moon at night that would be a big bonus.

I was thinking of going with the Sony DSC-HX400V or something with similar features.

Solution
While not exactly a direct answer for your question, you can find detailed reviews on most SLR cameras at dpreview.com and they have a buyers guide that might help you determine what kind of features would be important to you in an SLR. It might also be worth stopping by a store that has some on display to physically handle them and get a feel for how large and comfortable to hold each model is, even if you intend to ultimately order it online.
While not exactly a direct answer for your question, you can find detailed reviews on most SLR cameras at dpreview.com and they have a buyers guide that might help you determine what kind of features would be important to you in an SLR. It might also be worth stopping by a store that has some on display to physically handle them and get a feel for how large and comfortable to hold each model is, even if you intend to ultimately order it online.

Solution

ikaz

Distinguished
I would check out this website first

https://photographylife.com/

With out getting into too much you also need decide if you want a smaller camera (mirror less), are you concerned about lens selection, low light (which if your taking pics of moon probably need), etc.