960 pro m2 crystaldiskmark low

monk_mingus

Commendable
Dec 8, 2016
I just build a PC. My OS (W10Pro) is installed in a Samsung 960 pro 512Gb m.2. I put it in the m.2 slot of a Asus deluxe ii. CPU: i7 6900K.

I run a crystaldiskmark test, are these results right?
Seq Q32/T1= 2800 Read (Mb/s)
Seq Q32/T1= 1900 Write (Mb/s)

Shouldn't go higher?
Thanks

Solution
That looks fine.

A lot of SSDs tend to optimize their performance based on the expected workload. So to get the absolute max sequential performance, you will need to condition the drive by usually writing about a full drive worth of sequential operations. So with that, the benchmark numbers most people run are really just for reference and not really absolute. Unless you're seeing something ridiculously low, I wouldn't worry about it.

SSD spec like this are almost like 0-60 times for cars. It's numbers on paper to market the product and not really directly relevant to actual use.

mcconkeymike

Distinguished
Yeah it "should" be a little higher, but there could be a lot of variables as to why it isn't. Please tell us what motherboard you have. Also, have you installed Samsung Magician and made sure you have the newest firmware and run the optimizations that are included in Magician?

rkzhao

Respectable
Mar 8, 2016
That looks fine.

A lot of SSDs tend to optimize their performance based on the expected workload. So to get the absolute max sequential performance, you will need to condition the drive by usually writing about a full drive worth of sequential operations. So with that, the benchmark numbers most people run are really just for reference and not really absolute. Unless you're seeing something ridiculously low, I wouldn't worry about it.

SSD spec like this are almost like 0-60 times for cars. It's numbers on paper to market the product and not really directly relevant to actual use.

Solution

monk_mingus

Commendable
Dec 8, 2016

Thanks for your help.
I already wrote in my post that my mobo is an Asus Deluxe II. I checked and yes, I have everything up to date.
I run crystaldiskmark 4, 5 times more, and I got very different results, going from
2800 to 3400 Seq Read
and
1800 to 1900 Seq Write

I run the benchmark test with magician software and I got less than 2000 Seq Read...I am not a tech guy, so I don't know if this is normal or not. I just bought the components (someone build it for me), so I am worry since is new, just to make sure everything is correct and I don't have to return any component.

TRENDING THREADS