RX 480 Randomly loses connection to monitor?

xXBongLordXx

Commendable
Jan 21, 2017
XFX RX 480 8GB
Corsair 500M
Asrock H97 Anniversary
i5 4460
1TB HDD

This issue happens randomly without warning, whether it be during gaming or just browsing the internet. I need to reboot the PC to fix the problem. I have reset mobo reinstalled drivers, newegg even sent me a new card. I have two samsung monitors and a hicense tv all connected through hdmi. I doubt it is a faulty cable either because there is no way that all 3 cables are faulty at once. I have tried everything and I suspect in might be the PSU. Any ideas on how I can find out what is causing the problem for sure?

extra_anchovy

Commendable
Jan 5, 2017
What happens when you 'lose the connection to the monitor'?

What I'm getting at is that maybe it's not losing display connection. If you press Ctrl Alt Del a couple times after this happens and it won't reset it means the PC has crashed and it's not a lost display connection.

The reason I say this is because my RX 480 heats up to 80oC when playing a DX11 game which then causes a blank screen and buzzing sound. That is a crash, it can't be recovered without reset. After some research it seems that overheating is a problem with these cards.

xXBongLordXx

Commendable
Jan 21, 2017

I'm pretty sure I remember still hearing sound but my sound is run through speakers so I'm not sure. I'll try press control alt delete a few times next time it happens. Also it happens when i'm just browsing the internet so i'm not sure if over heating is the issue Thanks for the help so far!