FX 6350 overheating at 4.2 GHz

GamingMike

Commendable
Jan 21, 2017
I have a FX 6350 put at 4.2 GHz. The cooler is a Hyper 212 EVO with dual fans. There is plenty of case venting for I had it running at 4.6 GHZ for about a year with a 0.10 over volt. Had no problems till a couple days ago. I just reseated it with brand new paste after taking off the old past and it is still hitting 86°C at 4.2 GHZ and only hit 65°C at 4.6 GHz. Do I need a new CPU or water cool the SOB.

The CPU fans are running at 2000 to 3000 RPM for more details.

You reseated it wrong. Sorry to be so blunt but there is no other way to say it. It was doing fine before you replaced the thermal compound and now it is overheating. No need to call the poor guy names. It is only doing what it's owner makes it do.

Do you have the same over-volt applied? What is the core voltage at when it's at stock and during OC?

GamingMike

Commendable
Jan 21, 2017
I know that I did not seat it wrong. I have been building my own computers for 10 years and this is the first time it did this. I notice the over hearing BEFORE I reseated the cpu. It was hitting 90 at near 70% usage and the motherboard cuts the power to the entire system at that point.

The voltage is normally at 1.344 and the oc gets it to 1.44. That was the standard and only noticed it after running CS :GO and testing a blender bench mark gets it to 100% and it hit 75°C on the oc before the reseating.