What can I do with my FX 8350 having a GTX 1070?

iCensored

Commendable
Jan 22, 2017
I have an FX 8350, GTX 1070, MSI 970 and 16 GB RAM. The games are going to me at 40 fps. I was told that it was a compatibility issue between the components, and that I should put a cooler with liquid cooling. I would like to know what the error is and how to fix it, thank you.

Solution

Whoever told you that is wrong on multiple levels. An MSI 970 will work perfectly fine with an AMD FX. There really isn't any need for a closed liquid loop cooler, any strong air fan will do fine.
Which games? Which msi 970 motherboard? There are several models, 970a-g43, 45, 46, 970 gaming.

There shouldn't be a compatibility problem with the cpu and gpu. You don't have to pair an amd cpu with amd gpu or anything. Try downloading amd's overdrive software and using it to monitor your cpu temps. It should give you a reading called a thermal margin in degrees, just keep in mind it's not the cpu temp it's the amount of degrees left until the cpu begins to throttle due to temps. If it's reading 10c it's 10c until throttling not running at 10c.

Once you have an idea of what the temps are you can see if you need a different cooler.

iCensored

Commendable
Jan 22, 2017
For now I only tried in games of low resources like the league of legends, overwatch and heroes of the storm. I have the MSI 970 Gaming, sorry for not clarifying.

I did not understand what I have to do with the AMD Overdrive, but I already have it. Thank you very much.

g-unit1111

Titan

Whoever told you that is wrong on multiple levels. An MSI 970 will work perfectly fine with an AMD FX. There really isn't any need for a closed liquid loop cooler, any strong air fan will do fine.

Solution

Fin1977

Reputable
Apr 7, 2015
Not entirely sure about your motherboard but I have same cpu but with the 970 gfx card and have no issues, are all your drivers upto date? My cpu is lightly overclocked and get a steady 60fps on GTAV with nearly ultra settings, the only things turned down are in advanced graphics, what kind of games are you hitting 40 fPs?