1998-2002 era educational computer software, Reader Rabbit, School/Classroom Windows Overlay

painter3

Commendable
Jan 24, 2017
Hey everyone,

I need some help identifying a couple old computer games from way back when I was in elementary school. So first off, I remember the computer itself was an IBM white-colored standard classroom PC for the time, likely running Windows 98. It had no internet access....when you logged in after booting, a cartoonish school would appear. You would then enter a still image animation of a school hallway, where you clicked on the classroom door. Once in the classroom, you could click on various items to access games/activities. There was a bookshelf with different books that accessed games such as Reader Rabbit, Hot Dog Stand, Music Ace, All The Right Type, etc. There was also a "sticky note" messaging feature (which we were forbidden from using haha). In addition, you could doodle/color after clicking on the easel. My question is: WHAT IS THIS SCHOOL THING CALLED? Was it a shell/ overlay for Windows or an IBM program all on its own? Please please please help me out if you remember this stuff! If you were in kindergarten-grade 2 in 1998-2002, you might have used this software. ALSO, I remember this game where basically you could go to various math or memory activities, like rolling dice and clicking on the correct answer, matching/memory game with real photographs of people and objects to match (I recall one of the card pairs was a lady that would scream when clicked on, and another was a clown). It might have been called "Activities 1" or something like that. Please do let me know the name of this program if you remember. THANKS EVERYONE

painter3

Commendable
Jan 24, 2017

I coulnd't find anything like that online but thanks for trying! MS Bob sure looks similar to the type of environment this "classroom/ school hallway" program had.

fleezx

Prominent
Jan 26, 2018
I just happened to search Google for the same program. I also really want to know what it was called. I recall it booting straight from login and it served as a point and click version of a regular desktop. You could click on a desk to select tasks that the teacher would schedule for you. The search terms I could come up with are unfortunately too vague to point to it.

ragnar-gd

Reputable
Use google, but look for pictures instead of links. That tip helped 80% of the people looking for old games. Search terms may be "Game" "School" "2002" (try different years), "Windows 98". FOr a start, but you have to be creative.
Good Luck!