Kryscash

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017
I've a R9 290x and i want install a 2nd card
a Rx 480in compatible?
with or without crossfire bridge?

Thz

Solution
Not with CrossFire for sure. For CF to work they need to be in the same series (for example a 480 with a 470 etc. or a 480 and a 480X).

And since CrossFire doesn't use a bridge I am not sure they will work at all together.

You may be able to turn off CF in the BIOS or something similar and they may work independently of each other, but they will not work together to run a single program.

CORRECTION: You can crossfire any two cards with the same architecture in CF. In this case it is Polaris vs "Hawaii"

EpIckFa1LJoN

Admirable
Not with CrossFire for sure. For CF to work they need to be in the same series (for example a 480 with a 470 etc. or a 480 and a 480X).

And since CrossFire doesn't use a bridge I am not sure they will work at all together.

You may be able to turn off CF in the BIOS or something similar and they may work independently of each other, but they will not work together to run a single program.

CORRECTION: You can crossfire any two cards with the same architecture in CF. In this case it is Polaris vs "Hawaii"

Solution