i7 4790 and gtx 1070 by gigabyte are not getting along

Ok so your causing the problem. So your running unigine valley which seems to be just fine, then you start up prime 95 which hammers the crap out of the cpu. Your GPU drop's in usage because the cpu can no longer send enough information to keep it satisfied.

Normal people usually only run one benchmark program at a time. When tryiing to get the best scores some people even stopping any and all programs that are running like Anit-virus, steam, and teamviewer which you had all of them running with more. Or more extreme of a fresh windows install with only drivers and benchmark software.

Alon_L

Commendable
Jan 24, 2017

so your saying that there is no problem with the power going down on the gpu even when the cpu is only half load?

Run unigine valley by its self, just click run and then dont touch anything till its done. I dont understand why you're trying to run two things at the same time.

As soon as you clicked on the notepad your gpu usage dropped and never returns to 100% during your video, which only tells me that the unigine valley benchmark stopped its test but still went through the motion of the video.

Alon_L

Commendable
Jan 24, 2017

please look here and see that it is the same and valley did not stop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbqr61rY4WM&t=146s

When you start the prime 95 test you are bottle necking your gpu for information gpu usage drops in turn dropping the voltage. when you stop the test the CPU is no longer getting hammered by prime and is now free to send information back to the GPU in turn making the GPU usage go back to 100% which then needs more voltage.

As soon as you started the intel STRESS test once again hammering the CPU your GPU suffers for information and drops in usage and voltage.

You are causing the issue. Stop running multiple benchmarks opening windows. Start the recording then start unigine valley and then walk away from the computer for 10 min. Dont touch the keyboard mouse move any windows nothing. once you hit run on the test dont touch your computer till its done. you will see dips in the usage when it stops and starts each test other then that i will stay up around 100% usage for the GPU.

Watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRp4DfQA6MU you dont see the guy moving the mouse around popping open other windows or trying to run stress test on his cpu during the benchmark.

when your CPU is getting hammered at 100% by another test you are bottlenecking the gpu because it cant get any information from the cpu, that is why your usage and voltage drop the card doesnt need to work as hard to process the information because it cant get enough.

Alon_L

Commendable
Jan 24, 2017

so what you are saying is that actualy this is normal behavior for the system in such stressing
thats wonderfull i was worried it was something wrong with the system
thanks man!!