FX 8350 good for Sony Vegas pro?

Solution
It will run, sure. Do you already have the FX? It wouldn't be my first choice.

Vegas Pro is ostensibly multithreaded, but in practice it doesn't benefit a lot from extra cores because a lot of operations in it are still very single-thread dependent. You would probably find a Core i3 would provide a better experience when using the program, even if final encoding takes longer with some compression formats. A Core i5 would be better in just about every way.
It will run, sure. Do you already have the FX? It wouldn't be my first choice.

Vegas Pro is ostensibly multithreaded, but in practice it doesn't benefit a lot from extra cores because a lot of operations in it are still very single-thread dependent. You would probably find a Core i3 would provide a better experience when using the program, even if final encoding takes longer with some compression formats. A Core i5 would be better in just about every way.

Solution

DangerGuy

Commendable
Dec 18, 2016

Good for rendering in 1080p?

Encoding_03.png

Encoding_02.png

Encoding_01.png

Source

synthad1

Reputable
Sep 2, 2014
kind of an answer, but also a hi-Jacking.
I have the AMD FX 8350 with an Nvidia GTX 970, and 16 gb ram.. Sony vegas runs horribly on it. Cant get a smooth preview at all (draft quarters). The program bogs down and freezes, etc. Makes editing almost impossible

Ive watched every tutorial on how to adjust vegas pro settings for a smoother experience, and after all the setting adjustments, the improvements is little to none.

That said, its PC's, right? I could have an issue somewhere else. Games run ok. Though I do get a Display driver error alot during game play. so... who knows