1070 card with 6500 score from Fire Strike + Low gaming fps

Bloodsi

Commendable
Jan 26, 2017
On overwatch lowest settings I have 30-70 fps. It was like 200 before.

My processor heat is fine but with stess goes pritty high 70-90. But I also have temperature under 50 on lowest settings in overwatch and have horrible fps so it can't be because of that. I also don't have any graphical errors which would cause from heat.

Here is my setup:

http://i.imgur.com/AGic3xI.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/F8sF2QN.jpg

I have downloaded newest driver + reinstalled windows too. Also don't have vsync. I have thermal level 10 case with fans on turbo.

Solution
tj max is 100C, so dont see a problem with temps being 70-90.
the cpu will only bottleneck for resolutions at/below 1080p (besides for the few the cpu hungry games).

unless your running a 144/240hz screen, anything above the refresh rate of the screen is a waste of "money" in my view.
turn on vsync and triple buffer and power to adaptive. this will lower the temps INSIDE the case, and also give the cpu cooler more breathing room.

install prime95 and run it for about 1h on all cores. look at the max temps for cpu. if those are high, you might need a different cpu cooler.
if temps are "low", you need to upgrade the case airflow.

this is the reason i prefer any AIO LC over any air cooler. they dump the heat outside the case (dont use it...

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

your cpu is overheating under load THAT is what matters

thermal throttling = cpu slows down to stay alive = is causing bad fps

make sure the cpu cooler and its fans are working and installed properly

install msi afterburner and monitor cpu temps while playing a game for a while, what are max temps?

fry178

Reputable
Dec 14, 2015
tj max is 100C, so dont see a problem with temps being 70-90.
the cpu will only bottleneck for resolutions at/below 1080p (besides for the few the cpu hungry games).

unless your running a 144/240hz screen, anything above the refresh rate of the screen is a waste of "money" in my view.
turn on vsync and triple buffer and power to adaptive. this will lower the temps INSIDE the case, and also give the cpu cooler more breathing room.

install prime95 and run it for about 1h on all cores. look at the max temps for cpu. if those are high, you might need a different cpu cooler.
if temps are "low", you need to upgrade the case airflow.

this is the reason i prefer any AIO LC over any air cooler. they dump the heat outside the case (dont use it as intake fan),
and will lower case/board/gpu temps easily by around 20-30*C.

Solution