i3-6100 vs i7 2600

yupu

Honorable
Dec 15, 2016
The title says it all, i am planing to build a pc and would like to know which cpu is more powerful for gaming although i play just a few titles like Overwatch, League of legends, GTAV, Final fantasy games, Call of duty games and some other mmorpgs.

Solution
The i7 is faster, but it has also been discontinued for a long time, and motherboards will be harder to find and not have modern features. You might also place some value on the i3 being new with warranty on the parts, whereas the i7 will be used on eBay, purchase at your own risk.
G

The i7 is a much better option. Eventhough its older, it has four cores and benchmarks show its more powerful. Also, GTA V is slightly more cpu depandent that most games.

The i7 is faster, but it has also been discontinued for a long time, and motherboards will be harder to find and not have modern features. You might also place some value on the i3 being new with warranty on the parts, whereas the i7 will be used on eBay, purchase at your own risk.

Solution
G

I would reccomend getting the AMD Athlon x4 880k. It beats the i3 6100 in benchmarks, is cheaper, quad-core and has fairly modern features. It is also was released 2016 so its widely avalible.

Which benchmarks?

It's basically the same CPU as the 7870K, which loses in exactly 100% of benchmarks, often by a very wide margin:

i5-6500-i5-6400-45.jpg

i5-6500-i5-6400-42.jpg

i5-6500-i5-6400-57.jpg

Source

I don't recommend a socket FM2+ CPU for a gaming PC today.