Best RX 480 for the money?

Euphroc

Commendable
Jan 30, 2017
Just wanted to know the best aftermarket RX 480 I could get my hands on for my money. Something that would perform well for the money would be nice as well.

PCnoobmuch

Honorable
May 29, 2016

Go with the MSI armor or basically what ever is cheapest for you and overclock your self because theres no point spending an extra $20 for a overclocked car when you can overclock yourself

Susquehannock

Honorable
MSI gaming X rx480 gets my vote. Better cooler than the armor.
Believe you are mixing up VRAM sizes there.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
There is no clear winner. For some, any of the 4Gb is fine, for some, the 8Gb is a better performance bonus, then there's differences in cards. Just to leave stock any card will do, physically impossible to accurately assess any card as there's too many different pc's they go into, with different settings under different conditions in different games. You'd seriously not miss 1-2 fps differences between cards. Then there's the hipo cards like the GamingX etc, that are not only cooler running due to enhanced heatsinks/fans, but tend to have much higher overclocking capacity as a result. If you need that extra 5-10 fps over the lower grade cards. So there's really no 'best' as such, only what's best for you. Ppl buy based on performance numbers, price, looks. Don't really want a black/white armor 2 in a black/red build, so an Asus strix would be better. Don't really want to OC? Go with the lower grade cards. Want Max performance? Pay up.

Yeah mb. :)