hd 630 drivers ?!!?!?!?!?!?

Own_1

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016
i searched everywhere for hd 630 drivers and i cant find it ??? when i searched intel's site it says "There are currently no downloads available for Intel® HD Graphics 630"
so i tried the "Automatically Find Drivers & Software Browse for Drivers"
it didn't find the hd 630 driver ??
i asked around in youtube and everyone tells me just to google it , but i can't find anything ??
i need a direct link for the driver , please?

Solution

Own_1

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016

what video ?
mobo manufacturer is asrock (z270 killer)
and btw i didn't understand what are you trying to say ?

Own_1

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016

call me stupid but i looked everywhere , here have a look if you can find it http://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Z270%20Killer%20SLIac/

Because HD 630 Graphics interacts with the motherboards slightly differently than HD 530 and its predecessors do, it's up to the individual motherboard manufacturers (ASRock in this case) to fine tune the drivers to work with each specific model. I am in agreement with you that this information should have been more abundant and Intel did not do a very good job of telling people about this. There are many people that are confused about this, not just you.

However, you do have a display right now, right? It's probably just not scaling to the desired resolution?

EDIT: Come to think of it, Intel really didn't tell any of their buyers. They kind of mentioned it at one of their meetings and the information got leaked, but those links/threads were quickly taken down because they contained corporate info.

Own_1

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016

iam still waiting for the download to finish it is so slow for some reason , not exceeding 100kb/s , i will update you when i install it

and why does the hd630 work differently ? when it performs the same as hd 530 ? this is just like adding more tires and keeping the same speed

Previously, overclocking a CPU would decrease the performance of integrated graphics because it would cause a sort of bottleneck at the scheduler level within the CPU. However, HD 630 graphics gets around this barrier by using a slightly different pathway to communicate directly with the socket on the motherboard instead of going through the schedulers and pipelines (within the CPU) to get to the socket. Thanks to this change in architecture (I think it's the only thing that was changed between Skylake and Kaby Lake), the drivers for HD 630 graphics are more reliant on the motherboard than previous ones were.

Don't ask me how or why, that's all the information I have. :D

Own_1

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016

damn science bitch indeed , so does that mean depending on the motherboard some could have a better performance ? because a better optimized drivers ?

Potentially, yes. However, any self respecting motherboard manufacturer that knows anything about Intel would base their drivers off of the base version (kind of like a reference version) that Intel provides them with. All they have to do is get the driver to recognize the circuitry on their boards. They don't really have to do much, and if they manage to screw that up, I don't think I'd respect them anymore.

I haven't seen Asus, ASRock, EVGA, Gigabyte or MSi make this mistake, so I think they're going to keep my respect for the time being.

If your screen is plugged into a graphics card and not the motherboard, all of the information we've given you has been useless. :D

You need the drivers for your graphics card, not for the integrated graphics. When you install a graphics card, integrated graphics (HD 630 in your case) are automatically disabled in BIOS. The installer can't find them because they're not active.

Note that plugging the display into the motherboard and not the graphics card would not allow you to take advantage of the power that the graphics card offers. You must connect to the graphics card in order to use the power it offers.

What graphics card do you have?

Own_1

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016

iam using the gtx 1070 , but i wanna benchmark the hd 630 for research purposes
and i have 2 monitors one connect to the mobo and one to the gpu

I'm going to assume you've already installed the drivers for your 1070?

As for getting your integrated graphics working, go into BIOS and re-enable them.

Press F2 or Delete at startup to get into UEFI BIOS setup. Once there, press F6 to enter Advanced Mode. You should be on the Main tab across the top. Navigate to the Advanced tab and hit Chipset Configuration. Once inside Chipset Configuration, set IGPU Multi-Monitor to Enabled to override the automatic disabling of your iGPU when you installed the 1070. Save your settings and boot into Windows, try installing the graphics drivers again.

Note that the system may appear to power down when you hit to save your BIOS settings. It is normal for a motherboard to switch to CMOS power to apply saved changes. Do not panic and do not interrupt this behavior.

Solution

Own_1

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016

damn everything is working , thanks man , so right now iam assuming you know everything so iam gonna ask you something else , i used to have i7-4790k clocked at 4.9 ghz and now my 7700k is clocked at 4.9 ghz too and in cinebench i get higher score with kaby lake , but for some reason my fps in cs go with 4790k used to range from 1400 to 250
but with the kabylake cpu it ranges between 900 to 350 why is my maximum lower ?

1) Nobody knows everything. I simply read your motherboard manual.

2) There's a phrase called the silicon lottery which refers to how CPUs are manufactured so quickly that each of them carries a unique imperfection. Whether or not said imperfection affects overclocking or not depends on where in the CPU the imperfection is. An imperfection in the scheduler or pipelines would cause this sort of behavior. No, Intel is not going to stand by their warranty for this because the chip is functioning as intended. The K at the end doesn't guarantee a good OC, it simply says that you're free to try without voiding warranty.

3) CS:GO is rather old and is probably better optimized for Haswell based chips than Skylake based chips (Kaby Lake is Skylake-S).

Own_1

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016

aha thanks anyways for everything have a good day

You're welcome!

You wanna know the funny part? I considered not answering this thread because it looked like @Paul NZ had it under control.

Jeez I can't grammar today. I'm sure one of the moderators is looking all the edits I've made to my replies and is just like "why won't this guy just stop?"