Solved

What is the best gaming graphic card that can work on MSI (Micro Star) MS-7387 (P4M900M3-L) motherboard ?

I need an 512-1gb graphic card at least to play some pc games till 2012 at max settings, once i see it working, i'll get 4 gb rams as well.
Is possible for a gpu ddr3 work on this mobo ?
I tried with "Gigabyte GeForce GT 730, 2GB GDDR5 (64 Bit), HDMI, DVI, D-Sub, GV-N730D5-2GI" on PCI and PCIe settings on bios, even in it's original state..vgr or something like this.

I almost forgot...here's specs on my mobo: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/P4M900M3L.html#hero-specification
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gaming graphic card work msi micro star 7387 p4m900m3 motherboard
  1. To play games at maxed settings you really need a strong card, which makes me wonder what resolution is your monitor?

    Your mobo has a PCI-E 16x so it can support all newer GPUs, therefore you can grab whichever you want and it will work properly as long as you have a good PSU to power it up.

    Yes, GDDR3 GPU's will work, but they are slower than GDDR5 so i don't think you will want those.
    Please, answer my first question and 'How much are you willing to spend on it?' then i can recommend a GPU for you.
  2. Given that the best processor that motherboard supports in the old Intel Core2Duo E6600, I probably wouldn't put anything more than the GT 730 you already tried into that system. Anything much better than that is going to be held back by your processor and therefore not worth the money. If you don't already have 4GB of RAM and a Core2Duo processor installed, that would be your best upgrade.

    -Wolf sends
  3. Wolfshadw said:
    Given that the best processor that motherboard supports in the old Intel Core2Duo E6600, I probably wouldn't put anything more than the GT 730 you already tried into that system. Anything much better than that is going to be held back by your processor and therefore not worth the money. If you don't already have 4GB of RAM and a Core2Duo processor installed, that would be your best upgrade.

    -Wolf sends


    I just wanted to play some pc games like witcher 2, unreal 3, far cry 3, xenoverse, assassin's creed, ghost recon series, splinter cell conviction and blacklist and so many others up to 2012-2014, before i get a job but it seems that i cannot enjoy such a luxury until i get to work and have only 3-4 hours/day to play, in that amount of time i barely do few quests or missions in them :D
    Back to story, if i get 4 gb rams can my gpu work properly ?
    My specs atm are 2x1 gb ram ddr2, nvidia quadro nvs 290 ddr2 256 mb and core 2 duo e4600 and most of pc games starting from 2006 up to present run on med-low resolution, some are just fine maxed out but hard to find them :D
    I tried gt 2gb gddr5 on my old monitor that could go up to 2k screen resolution and i got myself an old as a monitor, bigger and it can just go up to 1360x728 and is on vga, never tried this gpu on it, yet, i plan on doing this sometim this month.
    I wonder if via hdmi i can make it go to it's full potential ? is over 30 inch and i have a smart tv in my room that is about the same size...80+ cm and that one have hdmi ports as well.
  4. Best answer
    Quote:
    I just wanted to play some pc games like witcher 2, unreal 3, far cry 3, xenoverse, assassin's creed, ghost recon series, splinter cell conviction and blacklist and so many others up to 2012-2014, before i get a job but it seems that i cannot enjoy such a luxury until i get to work and have only 3-4 hours/day to play, in that amount of time i barely do few quests or missions in them :D


    Welcome to the adult world

    Quote:
    Back to story, if i get 4 gb rams can my gpu work properly ?


    Your GPU should work just fine with your system as it is.

    Quote:
    My specs atm are 2x1 gb ram ddr2, nvidia quadro nvs 290 ddr2 256 mb and core 2 duo e4600 and most of pc games starting from 2006 up to present run on med-low resolution, some are just fine maxed out but hard to find them :D
    I tried gt 2gb gddr5 on my old monitor that could go up to 2k screen resolution and i got myself an old as a monitor, bigger and it can just go up to 1360x728 and is on vga, never tried this gpu on it, yet, i plan on doing this sometim this month.
    I wonder if via hdmi i can make it go to it's full potential ? is over 30 inch and i have a smart tv in my room that is about the same size...80+ cm and that one have hdmi ports as well.


    Regardless of which monitor you use, as long as it has the appropriate input (VGA, DVI, HDMI), it should work.

    -Wolf sends
Ask a new question

Read More

Video Games Gaming MSI-Microstar Graphics Cards Motherboards