fx 6300 overclock @4.3ghz

ghost_viper007

Commendable
Feb 11, 2017
I need some information about my new motherboard that is "ASUS 970 PRO GAMING AURA" I need info like how good it is for overclocking. and also im new in overclocking. and i have following rig that i build recently:

fx 6300 @4.3GHz (Overclocked)
Cooler master hyper 212 LED
Asus DUAL GTX 1060 3G GDDR5 OC Edition
Samsung 750EVO 250GB SSD
WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD
Asus 970 pro gaming/aura mobo
Corsair RM650x PSU
Corsair spec-alpha red cabinet

OK, so lets jump into the actual question.. i've done overclocking my fx 6300 to 4.3 but temps are getting too high on prime95.. like 70c to 80c even on 1.370v, and also on 1.400v, so how to get safe temps on full loads like 58c to 60c ?

secondly, is that cooler master hyper 212 LED responsible for high temps..? cause i think its slightly different than the EVO. Thanks !

Solution
First thing, torturing it with prime95 would eventually (if left to run long enough) produce errors or overheat most systems. Stability test on AOD is quite enough to test AMD systems. AOD is also most reliable to measure temperatures for AMD systems.
I have seen FX 6300/6350 go up to 4.5c at decent temps on 212 EVO and coolers of that size but further OC is subject to silicone lottery more than anything else.
First thing, torturing it with prime95 would eventually (if left to run long enough) produce errors or overheat most systems. Stability test on AOD is quite enough to test AMD systems. AOD is also most reliable to measure temperatures for AMD systems.
I have seen FX 6300/6350 go up to 4.5c at decent temps on 212 EVO and coolers of that size but further OC is subject to silicone lottery more than anything else.

Solution

ConradAz

Commendable
Feb 9, 2017
well a lot people are going to hate me for this but facts are just facts
honestly overclocking is pointless
you're going to stress out your computer
by increasing the temps or even potentially fries your computer
in order to gain 3 or max 6 frame for seconds for your gaming
I personally believe that overclocking is just a bragging hobby
just google it with "CPU Overclocking and Gaming Performance: Worth it?"
because there are people out there who run gaming benchmarks to see
what you actually gain in term of gaming performance
between cpu stock speed vs OC Cpu
but hey if you want to OC too look cool with your friends go for it...!!
but if you care to achieve the best gaming performance
then forget overclocking and learn which
CPU,Video Card,Memory Ram,Motherboard
will perfectly match all together to give you the top performance
because that is how a true gamer smash the competition..!!!

Beg to differ, OCing from 3.9 to 4.8GHz is not pointless at all. Did that with my FX 6350 and change is noticeable everywhere. Sometimes even much smaller OC can get you "Ever the hump" with bottleneck with a GPU. Good cooling and proper VRM on a MB are a must of course.
I have been OCing everything since 386 and never lost a CPU because of that. Running this one on 4.8+ GHz over 3 years now, 24/7 and most of the time under almost full load.

ConradAz

Commendable
Feb 9, 2017

well I just drive my FX 6300 from stock speed to Oc 4.3 Ghz
then I run a Benchmark of a game I play all the times
I gain just 3 frame for second and 12 Celsius extra to my CPU:bounce:
I don't suffer of CPU bottleneck because I really take care which goes with which
and with that I mean the best combo between all computer parts
because that is the only way
you can really really gain some serious improvement in gaming performance
next test I'm going to try is OC CPU and OC the Memory Ram and OC the video card
but I doubt that I'm going to get more than 10 frame for seconds in the real gaming World ...!!
what I know for sure I'm going to get at least 10% or 15% more overall heat in the system..!!!
raise the temps is the only thing overclocking is really good at...!!:pt1cable:

ConradAz

Commendable
Feb 9, 2017
follow up to the previous comment
just like i thought
I OC the CPU,RAM,Video Card in gaming performance
I didn't encounter any substantial gaming improvement
but the overall temps went up around 25% :hot:
now I am more convinced that before overclocking is not worth it
I rather invest my time and money to build a more powerful gaming system than overclocking
so Zen better be very good or I'm going to have switch back to Intel

Elysian890

Commendable
Nov 9, 2016
overclocking is pointless

went from stock 3.50 to 4.86 (256x19, 1.48v) GHz with a 6300 to pair it with an RX 480, bottleneck in games at stock frequency was insane, turbo to 4.1 was almost the same, so I tested settings for a week, increased nb and ram to get more overall performance, that rig is now able to run new games at decent frames without stuttering and has almost 45% more cinebench score so I don't think it's pointless at all :) battlefield 4 runs 1080p @60 frames with vsync enabled on high to ultra settings, it used to run at around 45, GGWP lil' 6300

that is how a true gamer smash the competition
some people don't have the money to get new components every year, and about temps... of course, you'll need proper cooling to overclock, stock cooling can take you to 4.2 maybe, regular air coolers up to 4.5 with low ambient temps, if your chip silicon is good enough to reach 4.6+ you'll need some serious watercooling, northbridge and VRM cooling