HD 7970 3GB Graphics Card

montanaredneck77

Commendable
Jan 31, 2017

My case does have room and I believe it has adequate cooling. I believe it has an adequate power supply I have a HP Switching Power Supply model: DPS - 600WB A.

When I install the card and turn my computer on it turns on but the screen doesn't do anything. It acts as though my computer is off. I take the 7970 card out and put the 7670 back in and it works just fine. So I am trying ti figure out if I got a bad card or if it isn't compatible with my motherboard or what the problem could be.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
The 7970 takes 2 power cables do you have them connected from the power supply.
Could be one 8 pin not going to look it up or brake out my old card.
Their should also be 2 places to plug in the monitor if your using a VGA connector try the other one. It should have one for digital and one for analog.

montanaredneck77

Commendable
Jan 31, 2017
I did connect them. IT has one 6 pin and one 8 pin had them both connected in the correct spots. I tried both places to plug the monitor in at tried both bios switch positions nothing changed. No matter what I do it still acts as though it is off. This is really starting to tick me off. This makes it two different cards I have bought for this computer and neither will work with it. I know the other isn't compatible because of UEFI which my motherboard does not support. Does the 7970 have to have UEFI?