100% CPU Usage and 0% GPU usage, determining root of problem

MMSIND

Honorable
Mar 2, 2015
Hi there. Lets start off with the built. It's Dell Inspiron 580s desktop, i3-550, 8 GB RAM, MSI GTX 750ti Low Profile (drawing power through PCI slot) and default 250 W Dell OEM PSU.
I've been a playing a few games like GTA V, Doom, Rivals on it for a few weeks. Yesterday I got Battlefield 1. It generally runs at more than 35 fps (usually around 40 fps) on high settings. But then I died, game loaded from a checkpoint whose graphics were quite CPU intensive (it was around 93-95% usage when I respawned), I stood up and when I came about 5-8 mins later, my CPU was overheating (crossed more than 82 C, which it usually doesn't for long periods, and I can really hear my fans trying their best to keep it under control), but instead of throttling I saw my CPU was at 100% usage (even more than earlier). When I tried to move around my CPU was still stuck at 100% with fans screaming but my GPU would randomly drop down to 0% usage in every 10-15 seconds, and my game would stutter. I have two questions.
When I left my CPU was around 93% usage, when I came back how did my overheated CPU was running at 100? What caused GPU to drop down to 0% (no, it wasn't overheating)?

Solution
Make game was crashing or drivers crashing it wasn't truly running the game correctly. try to get yourself a better cpu cooler any upgrade should be better then stock