100 to 200 $ pc build ... HELP

Dirkadurk

Commendable
Feb 12, 2017
Hey guys and gals,

I need help. My previous pc build try by being cheap so im giving a better budget.

I live in canada so please take into consideration that certain components are pricey.

I already bought a gtx 660 direct c 2 oc by asus nvidia.

I need a PSU.Case.Ram.mobo.cpu fan.cpu within 100 to 200$ canadian dollars.

Can you guys recommend as im stalking newegg amazon and ebay but cant seem to get a concrete build going.....

I want to game games like ark survival. Subnautica. Dragon age. And get decent frames and i am tired of playing on low quality everything everyday on my acer laptop.

I may overclock if you guys recommend a * cpu lol so keep that in mind too.

I would really appreciate the help peeps. Really would.

Thanks

Solution
X3440 which has 4 cores, 8 threads clocked at 2.53ghz ($15-20 at eBay) buy a X3430 if you can't find a X3440
8gb ddr3 ram (around $25)
430-500w psu (around $30)
Random LGA 1156 Motherboard ($30 at eBay)
Deepcool TESSERACT SW Red ($40), you can get the blue one which most people prefer I prefer red

Prices in US dollars btw

btw, dont underestimate a $200 build, he already has a laptop and he could run gta v/fallout 4 or games like that at decent frame rates at decent settings
you don't have to blow $2k to "enjoy" the pc gaming experience
With that kind of budget, you're probably better off buying a budget Windows laptop or tablet. Performance won't be any worse than what you might squeeze out of a do-it-yourself build, and it's guaranteed to work out of the box. Won't be upgradeable, but anything that fits in your budget is likely to be old, used equipment anyway, and sorely in need of replacement altogether, not upgrading.

I agree that the GTX 660 is going to be a significant under-performer for games, unless you're only looking to play games that were popular when that card was popular. The games you listed just aren't going to happen on anything other than low to medium, unless you're capping the resolution pretty low.

snowiblind

Reputable
Dec 7, 2015
X3440 which has 4 cores, 8 threads clocked at 2.53ghz ($15-20 at eBay) buy a X3430 if you can't find a X3440
8gb ddr3 ram (around $25)
430-500w psu (around $30)
Random LGA 1156 Motherboard ($30 at eBay)
Deepcool TESSERACT SW Red ($40), you can get the blue one which most people prefer I prefer red

Prices in US dollars btw

btw, dont underestimate a $200 build, he already has a laptop and he could run gta v/fallout 4 or games like that at decent frame rates at decent settings
you don't have to blow $2k to "enjoy" the pc gaming experience

Solution
If they have second hand stores like thrift stores in Canada then you can buy an old PC and plug your new GPU into it. On the other hand, you might end up running Linux with that budget, so you should sell your GPU before you head down to the thrift store.

Its just a fact that you cannot buy all the parts necessary for a gaming PC new with that budget.
You'd have to scavenge for second hand parts, and then performance would still likely be relatively poor.
Truth is a Pentium G4560 outperforms everything else for the money, even a used haswell i3 for example.