HELP 378.66 drivers wont install after windows 10 computer reset Nvidia 860m

loaderrful

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012
So I reformatted my laptop yesterday which has a gtx 860m in it and I went to use a program to update all of my drivers called Driver Talent. After that finished I went to check if everything is okay and it seemed that my computer was running off of the integrated graphics, so I went into the control panel and changed everything that needed to be changed for my 860m to be used and it still wasnt working. So I went ahead and uninstalled my graphics driver and went to manually update it to 378.66 and the installation gets to 25% and then this picture comes up https://gyazo.com/1dc41e5dcecd4fdb3bf0d3c35bb4846c . Ive tried running it as admin, device manager, clean installing, and even DDU and nothing has seemed to fix this issue, I will also add Geforce Experience also installed just fine, the driver itself will not install. So I am coming to you guys for any form of help with troubleshooting. Thanks!

loaderrful

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012

When formatting should I do the hard clean where it wipes everything (but said it could take a couple hours) or a soft reset like I've already done

loaderrful

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012
Well I just tried to reset my windows, and it said it could no longer continue resetting and that no changes were made then goes to a screen that just has me select to restart

Markoff

Prominent
Feb 15, 2017
This is an ongoing issue with Nvidia, ive had to load my drivers through windows update after they failed through Geforce experience. I don't understand why I cant install ANY other driver by manually downloading it.