i5 7600 bundle

brothawini

Prominent
Feb 16, 2017
Hello everyone I hope You guys will manage to help me on this one.

I recently bought motherboard bundle + RAM + cooling + i5 7600 stock 3.8 overclocked to what it shows in BIOS 4.2.

Gigabyte z270 ultra gaming
16 gb cirsair ddr 4 ram.

Supplier claims it was stress tested overnight with no problems.

All i had left from my old system was the case, geforce gtx 970 and PSU which is Collermaster 850w

http://tinypic.com/r/ot2ljs/9

‭‭Recieved the bundle intalled it to the case installed windows 10 and then nothing but problems....

Total freeze in games and in windows as well. Only hard reset at this point ctrl alt del does nothing. Seem to be freezing when something big/semi big its happening for example when getting shot in the head when playing in CS:GO or jumping between windows or browser tabs. Clicking to close running software etc. In CS:GO I've noticed fps starting to stutter and droping like 40-80 fps every second and then freeze. Thing ive tried so far:

- reinstall win 10 twice

- changed drivers to old more stable ones on graphics card

- increased voltage on cpu to 1.32 and 1.42.

- Run stress test and monitored cpu temps all 4 cores below 50-60 degrees and graphics card below 65 degrees

-BIOS was updated by supplier by about 2 weeks ago

- reseted Bios settings to originals (even though it still show cpu on 4.2 ghz)

- removed cmos battery for 2 hours

-Changed all sata cables for hard drives for new ones

-updated samsungs ssd firmware and drivers (windows is on it)

- stand offs for motherboard are in cirrect spaces (ive only got 6 instead of 9 as old motherboard was smaller)

- took whole pc apart ad put it back together making sure all cables are "all the way in"

Old system was runnning on 1st gen i7 2.8 with 8gb ram and some asus motherboard. Its about 4-5 year old and PSU as well.

Please help!

Solution
Oh wait, this was a Cooler Master? Didn't even click on link. I hear they are not very reliable. But it might work. If you can, you may want to upgrade the PSU when you can..especially with the new Kaby Lake (even though it should be on par with Skylake)

brothawini

Prominent
Feb 16, 2017

Ive got 6 installed but this board needs 9. Ive made sure standoffs are beside power supply to the board and cpu so I wouldnt damage the board by pushing on it... and all are in correct spaces. There is none touching the board where they not supposed to.

Honeslty, if you did all of that, I would reset the BIOS settings to default, and do a clean install (deleting the partition, and letting Windows format) and try that. Something is holding you back. Is this a used bundle? Try not to overclock and see what default gets you.

brothawini

Prominent
Feb 16, 2017

reinstalled win 10 twice formatting SSD. Bundle is brand new and stress tested. Removed bios battery and later on message came up in bios that setting were reset. ( even though still show 4.2 ghz instaed of stock 3.8 in bios) Used default setting as well ... Maybe Im doing something wrong...

brothawini

Prominent
Feb 16, 2017

Did all that. Removed bios battery and later on message came up that setting were reset. Then clicked "load optimized defaults" ... no joy. Would updating bios reset all settings and remove overclock?

brothawini

Prominent
Feb 16, 2017

It was stress tested thats why i belive something is wrong on my end. Ive ordered new 850w psu just now. Will test it tommorow.

brothawini

Prominent
Feb 16, 2017
Im stress testing without graphics card in ... everything runs goos os far. Conclusion ? Cant see graphics card being faulty and that leaves us with not enough power from PSU ...

I would not recommend using loaded optmized settings until you use the true defaults. It's new but the supplier updated it? I'm confused. Who touched the motherboard first...you or the supplier?

Again, use DEFAULT settings, and make NO changes...this way you can have a base line.

brothawini

Prominent
Feb 16, 2017

Suplier put everything together and tested it. All was fine. Then i installed it to my case. Cant see an option to use default settings in bios. Could you navigate me to it? I just removed graphic card and stress tested CPU on integrated one. Same thing happened in windows but it lasted a lot longer...

Just remove the battery and load it as normal. Do not change any settings.

brothawini

Prominent
Feb 16, 2017

That was ine of the first things ive done. Removed the battery for 2 hours. Should i try overnight? Message came up that setting were reset, but in bios i can still see that cpu is 4.2 ghz and it is i5 7600 3.8.......

Go to page 21 of your manual. It talks about CLR_CMOS

CLR_CMOS (Clear CMOS Jumper)
Use this jumper to clear the BIOS configuration and reset the CMOS values to factory defaults. To clear the CMOS values, use a metal object like a screwdriver to touch the two pins for a few seconds

brothawini

Prominent
Feb 16, 2017

Done. Still shows 4.2 ghz in Bios even though stock cpu is 3.8. Im running stress test now (without graphics card installed). If it fails again only hope is new PSU which I'll install tommorow night.

Wow, that's just strange that the settings are not resetting though.

brothawini

Prominent
Feb 16, 2017

It is isnt it? But all other settings do reset. Starting from mouse speed to voltage on cpu. Funny enough i took ma PSU apart. It was really dusty inside. Huge pile up. Put it back in. Im running atress test for over 1 hour and watching twith. So far so good. Obviously new setup needs more power. Maybe poor guy old PSU wasnt able and was overheating.... ? Im still without gtx 970 inside.

Oh wait, this was a Cooler Master? Didn't even click on link. I hear they are not very reliable. But it might work. If you can, you may want to upgrade the PSU when you can..especially with the new Kaby Lake (even though it should be on par with Skylake)

Solution

brothawini

Prominent
Feb 16, 2017

Yeah it is a 5 year old coolermaster. New one is in the post. PC didnt freeze. Stress test was running for about 1.5 hours then a switched it off and started playing CS GO on integrated graphics no freeze. Just put my gtx 970 back in and will play for an hour + cause im absolutely knackard by this whole situation. Ive been trying to get it sorted for over a week now. If it wont freeze I'll consider a PSU being the source of the problem. With new one installed tommorow hopefully the problem will be gone.

brothawini

Prominent
Feb 16, 2017
Just a little update. PC still froze without graphics card in when i switched the stress test off in order install graphics card in. immidietly. Took significantly longer though. Today Ive been doing some web browsing an watching twitch. (without the card in) nothin heavy and wattage wise demanding ... its been up for 9 hours so far with no problems... Unfortunately new PSU didnt arrive so i have to wait till monday to test it, but it looks like the dying off PSU is the problem.

brothawini

Prominent
Feb 16, 2017

Yes it is 8pin connector. Just got a txt message that Royal Mail will deliver my PSU TODAY. Happy days. Hope this'll solve my problem.

brothawini

Prominent
Feb 16, 2017

2 hours stress test + 2 hours gaming no freeze. Thanks to everybody for help. New PSU seems to help. Thanks to everybody for help!

Glad it seemed to have helped.

Good Luck!