i7 3770
16gb
Sapphire nitro+ rx 480 4gb

Or

i7 4790
8gb
Zotac mini 1060 3gb

Suggestions needed with explaination

And now I read the details. My bad. Sorry mate. Give me 2 minutes and 54 seconds please.

It's like deciding between chocolate cake and chocolate lava cake. You either take a hit where the CPU is concerned or less VRAM which is VERY important when eye candy is key. I can exceed 3GB VRAM which makes the 480 better. I also have CPU intensive titles which makes the 4790 better. There are also many youtube videos where the user exceeds 8GB of system RAM usage while gaming. That however can always be upgraded. Can I be 100% certain two different RAM kits will work with each other? No. 99% sure? Yes. I can't assume which games you play the most. Are they CPU intensive? Does the up to 10% CPU advantage the 4790 offer trump the VRAM and RAM advantage? RAM can be added. VRAM can't be added. The 480 seems to be better where DX 12 is concerned.

You give someone a choice. Which one of your children do you love more? The oldest(3770) or the younger. I am to decide that for you. I must at the very least offer an opinion. The second option. They can both be purchased with the K option. That can tilt the scales when a Z97 or Z77 board is used. How do I OC my 4690K? I change one number to reach 4.4GHz. Should I want more other changes must be made. The boards can both be purchased for under $100. Not a game changer there either. The first option is my choice.

TRENDING THREADS