i5 4460 with 130 euros

Solution
If you're buying everything now, considering that is a 3.4ghz processor, you may be better off waiting to see what AMD Ryzen does.

If the pricing leaks seem to be correct then you may not be too far off getting a similar 4 core that is overclockable, and you'd be on a modern socket type that AMD have said they will support until 2020(iirc), with DDR4 ram that would in theory transfer over to Intel's Cannon Lake stuff in the future if you wanted to swap.

That said, there are a lot of people upgrading right now, and you might be able to get a bargain on DDR3 ram and older motherboards. So it's up to you.

Jilbs_m8

Commendable
May 18, 2016

I will be using the GTX 1050 Ti. But I dont have the mobo/ram. I was thinking about buying haswell and then upgrading to the new generation after KabyLake

Crumpet 1

Commendable
Jan 15, 2017
If you're buying everything now, considering that is a 3.4ghz processor, you may be better off waiting to see what AMD Ryzen does.

If the pricing leaks seem to be correct then you may not be too far off getting a similar 4 core that is overclockable, and you'd be on a modern socket type that AMD have said they will support until 2020(iirc), with DDR4 ram that would in theory transfer over to Intel's Cannon Lake stuff in the future if you wanted to swap.

That said, there are a lot of people upgrading right now, and you might be able to get a bargain on DDR3 ram and older motherboards. So it's up to you.

Solution