i7 860 @ 3.66GHz gpu upgrade tips!

ThePekc

Prominent
Feb 19, 2017
Hello! I'm not sure if this is the correct thread to ask for this type of tips in as this is my first ever thread here on these forums. Admin can move if needed!

I was buying parts off of ebay on a budget and stumbled upon this i7 860 CPU. However I do not have a good GPU as Im stuck with an gt 730 2gb ddr3 right now. I'm mostly playing CS:GO on 1024x768 resolution which is playable at mostly 100+ fps. However I'm looking into buying a new GPU because I want to play other, more demanding games such as Battlefield 1 and Sniper Elite 4 etc.

I have my CPU overclocked at 3.66 GHz and I'm looking into buying the gtx 1050ti as it does not require a power connector, although I have one 6-pin connector from my PSU. I'm just wondering how this combination will work together in those newer games.

I also have 8GB of ddr3 RAM and an SSD disk.

I'm also open for other GPU suggestions.

With kind regards.

Solution
Well there's a problem there since BF1 is a very CPU heavy game. I believe your CPU does not meet the minimum system requirements for it. The GPU requirement isnt nearly as big but I believe yours is slightly less than the min. req.

Take a look at BF1's Min. Sys. Reqs. On Origin and you'll see.

Aside from that any 9 or 10 series card will probably bottleneck with that maybe not the 1050's but probably anything higher than that will bottleneck.

EpIckFa1LJoN

Admirable
Well there's a problem there since BF1 is a very CPU heavy game. I believe your CPU does not meet the minimum system requirements for it. The GPU requirement isnt nearly as big but I believe yours is slightly less than the min. req.

Take a look at BF1's Min. Sys. Reqs. On Origin and you'll see.

Aside from that any 9 or 10 series card will probably bottleneck with that maybe not the 1050's but probably anything higher than that will bottleneck.

Solution