Rx 480 with g4560 low fps

Sm0G97

Prominent
Feb 23, 2017
Hello guys.

I have a problem with my pc, games are running on low fps and i get frame drops also.

For example I play bf1 which is running at 40-50 fps with frame drops. Sometimes it goes under 30 fps.The whole screen stops in rare cases for a second.
I play it on ultra (1920x1080) but that doesn't matter even on medium settings i get the same.

Gpu is on 60-65°C when i play bf1 and cpu is somewhere below 60.

I saw videos with rx480+g4560 they have 60+ fps in every game and they don't get drops.
I read this forum before I bought anything and i was like i can play after years without lags.
But now i'm disappointed and i need help and advices.

Pc components:
gpu:msi gaming rx 480 8 gb
cpu:intel pentium g4560 with deepcool gamma archer cooler
memory:hyperx savage ddr3 2x4 gb (2400mhz, working on 1866)
ssd:120gb savage ssd (windows 10 installed here)
mobo:asrock b150m pro4s ddr3
power supply: fsp hyper 700m

Solution
that's because FPS does not reflect the comfort and smoothness of gameplay.
Anything below i5 will not do smooth gameplay even though the FPS might seem to be high enough.
the problem is frame time that is jumping through the roof with pentiums and i3.
frame time is the time between two individual frames. FPS - is average across the second.
simply put - pentium is not adequate for AAA gaming and as a result the RX 480 is kinda wasted since the CPU can not feed it with data fast enough
that's because FPS does not reflect the comfort and smoothness of gameplay.
Anything below i5 will not do smooth gameplay even though the FPS might seem to be high enough.
the problem is frame time that is jumping through the roof with pentiums and i3.
frame time is the time between two individual frames. FPS - is average across the second.
simply put - pentium is not adequate for AAA gaming and as a result the RX 480 is kinda wasted since the CPU can not feed it with data fast enough

Solution
I'll take a slightly different approach here and blame it on the game this time. It is poorly optimized on CPU part, and many i5s, even i7s, sometimes experience stuttering. The very game needs to be patched for this.

Your G4560 is actually a very capable CPU, basically a cheaper i3. But you picked a very CPU-intensive game. You should not have issues on virtually any other.

Your system doesn't meet minimum system requirements for the game.

Samletemknow

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016

lol his system definitely does . usually people get decent fps with this rig idk wat is up wit his

@Samletemknow - the problem with his system is the CPU.
the issues he describes, are CPU related. he even did the ultimate test - lowering settings has no effect.
that's because most (practically almost all) in-game settings are graphics related and do not affect CPU load.
With dual cores CPUs - they are not fast enough to provide draw calls fast enough and consistently enough.
So when they fail to do so, a gamer has freezes, stuttering despite high FPS.
there is a thing called Frame Time which should be consistent (as much as possible) to give the "smooth"/"fluid" game play.
The problem is that most people are idiots - that includes many so called "reviewers" on youtube and everywhere else over the web that will do anything to get more views or just because they are idiots :)
So they say you can play any game with calculator CPU. No - you can not. Modern AAA games require quad core CPU for comfortable gameplay. gen 2 i5 like 2500K will deliver better gaming experience than any kaby lake pentium or i3 even with lower FPS.
it the same as claiming that some cars can do 200KM/h. May be they technically can reach that speed, but it will be dangerous and uncomfortable due to poor handling and probably noise.

Samletemknow

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016

Agreed but his frames are still quite low for his system and i havent had those problems on my g4560 rig which is why i replied cause of all these people saying its definitely because he has a hyperthreaded dualcore and not an i5 .

No it doesn't:
https://www.battlefield.com/games/battlefield-1/tech
Your Pentium is a dual core cpu.

MCID47

Distinguished

Nice, but you know even G4560 is a dual-core Processor, it has newer architecture. Basically a G4560 is underperforming on DX12 applications and performance than FX-6350, but how they perform in real world is different. G4560 does better job with Single-Core task and Multiple-Core task almost the same, even the benchmark result proven that G4560 is better than the FX-6350 http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Pentium-G4560-vs-AMD-FX-6350-Six-Core/3892vsm713

I do know it has newer architecture, however it still doesn't compare to an intel core i5 6600k or even the fx 6350 when it comes to multicore performance. But the reason they assigned that amd processor as a minimum is because it trumps your g4560 in multicore performance. It used to be single core performance was the dictating factor as to how well a game would perform, but regarding BF1 the tables have turned to multicore performance.
http://www.dsogaming.com/pc-performance-analyses/battlefield-1-pc-performance-analysis/

http://windowsreport.com/battlefield-1-high-i5-cpu-usage/

Samletemknow

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016

It still outperforms the fx processor on the list

Only in single core performance. Not multicore performance.

Samletemknow

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016

Samletemknow

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016

Only in multicore yes but the pentium is actually 10% faster in quad core or threads in this case either way i think its still loads better than the 6350

You can "think it loads better", however there's a reason why BF1 game developers listed the 6600k as a minimum system requirement and not the Pentium.

adiec

Honorable
don't know how this thread has turned into a g4560 bashing. have you considered the temps of your gpu ? or looked into undervolting the gpu? perhaps just for a split second the cpu is throttling due to its temperature or temps setting , have you checked what your max temp and target temp are set at ?

edit ) just read that you gpu is 60-65c load ? that seems very low for a rx 480 whilst playing a game like bf1.