FX 8350 OC Temps

Elie_Stevens

Reputable
Oct 11, 2015
Hey there, it's been a long time since last time i've asked something, but there i go:

I've finally understood the importance of Core Voltage. So i ramp it up to 1.5v, because at stock voltages couldn't even get 4.2ghz stable.

Ramp up voltage to 1.5 and straight to 4.5ghz.

It is stable. running full stress test on Aida64 for more than a hour and nothing happened so far.

Just this. Idle temps are now 48-51ºC and Load Temps are on the 70ºC ish. hitted 74 at max if i remember. not so high. can deal with it tbh. Before max temps at 4ghz were arround 60-65ºC but idle were arround 30-35ºC.

Note ambient temp is arround 18-22ºC.

All my rig is in my signature!
(Edit: Wanted to ask why my Bus Speed is stuck at 199.99, this gives me a full speed of 4499.76 wich is not a big deal. but i would love to see 4.5 xD... Didn't found a way to correct this since in bios it is set to 200)
Thx for the support and the answers.

Solution

Down clocking due to overheating so go back to my first post on how to fix. AMD's maximum operating temperature of 61c is your target be it though better cooling or lowering voltage. There is no magical fix for no money that lets you keep the overclock. Better heatsink or match your overclock to your cooling solution.
http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Bulldozer/AMD-FX-Series%20FX-8350.html
AMD set the maximum operating temp at 61c but doesn't mean the cpu will die if you past that point. It will degrade cpu life and throttle to the point your overclock could add no performance. I suggest backing the voltage a bit and look at NB voltage for stable overclocking. You could alternativly get a better heatsink. Your CPU is overclocked to about what the 225w water cooled fx-9000 versions. The Noctua D15 or Cryorig R! possible could be good enough on air to cool your CPU but price wise is to high I would say. I strongly suggest backing it down or benchmark and see if its adding performance. Else your risking your CPU for throttling.

Elie_Stevens

Reputable
Oct 11, 2015

There is not throtling at all. It's just about idle temps. Not planing on spending a single € more tbh. The performance from 4Ghz to 4.5Ghz is noticeable tbh.

Down clocking due to overheating so go back to my first post on how to fix. AMD's maximum operating temperature of 61c is your target be it though better cooling or lowering voltage. There is no magical fix for no money that lets you keep the overclock. Better heatsink or match your overclock to your cooling solution.
http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Bulldozer/AMD-FX-Series%20FX-8350.html

Solution