Gt 730 2gb ddr3 128bit

Xbonepcnovice

Reputable
Feb 26, 2017
Ive bought a gt 730 2gb ddr3 and it keeps crashing to desktop.
Im aware its not a high end graphics card and no I cant afford a 750
Ive installed software off the disc and from navidia website with no change. I can play dead space without it crashing but if I play cod waw or my summer car it crashes after an hour, im pretty sure its not over heating because it never goes above 42c. Ive tried ddu, it worked for a couple of days and then came back again. Ive also done a ram check with the diagnostic tool on windows ten with no faults.

Q6600 2.4
3.5 gb ddr2
Asus p5b 775 mobo
Atx ez cool 500w psu
2x 500gb seagate hdd
1x extra case fan

Everything else works fine. Dident have this problem with my old card amd radeon r5 m240.
New card runs games lot smoother till it crashes, the pc has also had to reset its self a couple of times while playing.

KenoKereStyle

Reputable
Jan 8, 2016
You're probably overusing the GPU and it overheats. Use Open Hardware Monitor while gaming and come back with some temperatures (CPU + GPU + RAM)

3.5 GB ddr2 it' very bad for today's games... when they fill up, windows crashes also.

Xbonepcnovice

Reputable
Feb 26, 2017
Ive got speccy, is that the same? Shows temps. The gpu never goes over 45c, and the cpu never goes over 50c. Also about the ram, its a dual channal mobo, and the ram chips are 3x1gb and 1x500mb. They different brands aswell. im pretty sure thats going to help? Its a second hand pc. Couldn't afford a new one

KenoKereStyle

Reputable
Jan 8, 2016
It could be an answer to replace the PSU, but buying a new one, a good one, will cost more than your entire PC (low spec pc).

You have different rams, did you at least check the CL specifications when you bought them? Are they the same frequency? Why in the name of god are you using 3 sticks of 1 gb and 1 stick of 500 ? there is a parity between rams, 1A,1B,2A,2B... 1A&2A or 1B&2B should be IDENTICAL RAMS, WITH SAME FREQUENCY, SAME SIZE AND SAME CL. If they are different, they may cause a power surge on your mobo, hence the sudden turn off... Why dont people check the internet before buying stuff ?

Tell us a complete PC configuration, so we could make a proper diagnostic.

Xbonepcnovice

Reputable
Feb 26, 2017
Windows 10 64bit
Q6600 2.4ghz
3.5gb ddr2 ram at the moment
Gt 730 2gb 128bit
2x 500gb seagate hdd
1x case fan

Nothing has been overclocked, I think the seller just stuck any old ram in he had lieing round to sell the lot and buy a new system, something I wish I had done! Poor