Rx 480 for Gigabyte technology F2A78M-HD2 motherboard

Edas

Prominent
Feb 18, 2017
Hello guys i have few questions.

so i am buying new graphics card rx480 4gb. I opened my pc and i cant find my graphics card which i have now. And when i get my new graphics card will it fit ? because i have those wifi adapters on the back of my case.

My first question is where can i find my graphics card? http://www.part.lt/img/77dc8ab3bf88408b762df88247b02f79865.jpg
I am noob at this stuff and i cant find my graphics card.

My second question is will it fit ? so i have wifi adapters (Red color) and i think where my graphic card should go its (yellow color) http://www.part.lt/img/8ef899089e0f09181d18825c915134d6137.jpg
http://www.part.lt/img/959cc6a2cc56c00e0587ea4ebd256ffd575.jpg
im pretty sure i need to of those slots for graphics card but how can i do that if my wifi adapter has to be there ?

Solution
Oh! Someone stole your graphics card! :O (just kiddin')

Your graphics is powered by your CPU, which is an AMD APU (Accelerated Processing Unit), acting as both a CPU and a GPU (graphics card) on a single chip.

RX 480's are designed to take up a thickness of 2 expansion slots. In the second photo you linked, installing a RX 480 graphics card on the PCIEX16 slot will definitely obstruct placing any cards on the PCIEX1 slot just 1 expansion slot below it. The lowest slot is a PCI slot (which is not compatible with a PCIe card such as your wifi adapter). This is due to the limitation of your motherboard.

Note that the RX 480 is a very powerful card and it is disproportionate to pair it with a weak CPU such as your AMD APU. Even the...
Oh! Someone stole your graphics card! :O (just kiddin')

Your graphics is powered by your CPU, which is an AMD APU (Accelerated Processing Unit), acting as both a CPU and a GPU (graphics card) on a single chip.

RX 480's are designed to take up a thickness of 2 expansion slots. In the second photo you linked, installing a RX 480 graphics card on the PCIEX16 slot will definitely obstruct placing any cards on the PCIEX1 slot just 1 expansion slot below it. The lowest slot is a PCI slot (which is not compatible with a PCIe card such as your wifi adapter). This is due to the limitation of your motherboard.

Note that the RX 480 is a very powerful card and it is disproportionate to pair it with a weak CPU such as your AMD APU. Even the AMD FX series or the Intel i3 series (which are more powerful than the APUs) will bottleneck the performance of that RX 480. Problem is, you can't upgrade to any powerful CPU's that can handle that RX 480 using that FM2 motherboard (it's a dead end). You have to be looking at an Intel i5 (or the new AMD Ryzen CPU's that are about to be released) as minimum without limiting the performance of that RX 480.

Furthermore, a dedicated GPU such as the RX 480 will consumes more power than your original setup was. You *might* be looking at a power draw of ~300W to ~350W (depending on your entire setup) as maximum. So a good-quality PSU with ~500W shoul be *more than enough* to power that setup.

Solution