Help about 5400 RPM WD Blue.

Alexis92

Honorable
Feb 16, 2014
I mistakenly bought a WD Blue Hard Drive that's 5400 RPM that i thought was 7200 RPM , Now i'm Frustrated and i feel really insecure, i had a WD Green Drive that failed after 2 Years and 6 Months , i think this is also going to fail like my WD Green did.

I heard that this drive was a green before but was remodeled to be a blue one, is that true?

Is this drive any Good for Gaming? Will it Last Longer? is there any good things about the drivers other than the bad things?

Solution

WD changed their branding and colors thing.
Yes, yours is basically what used to be a WD Green.

It is not really a good gaming drive. But not because it is 'bad' or will fail, simply for the technology.

But I have WD Green 3TB.
1 failed in the first 5...

USAFRet

Titan

WD changed their branding and colors thing.
Yes, yours is basically what used to be a WD Green.

It is not really a good gaming drive. But not because it is 'bad' or will fail, simply for the technology.

But I have WD Green 3TB.
1 failed in the first 5 weeks...replaced under warranty.
The replacement and the other one are still going strong 2-3 years later.

All drives die eventually. All of them.
To combat that, a good backup routine is needed.
A dead drive should never impact data. It should only be..."Rats..I have to send this one back or get a new one"

Solution

Alexis92

Honorable
Feb 16, 2014

Yeah i already knew about the storage thing, but this one is the same as my old drive but slower. ( My drive before was a WD Green 7200 RPM, now it's just another WD Green/Blue but slower.

Dang, i find it sufficient enough though but i couldn't compare the loading times from my old hard drive since well it died, so this is just a downgraded version of a drive that i used to have? since i used to have a WD Green 7200 RPM, now it's just a 5400 RPM WD Blue/Green.

I assume the loading is just as fast as the one i had before, stupid of me to actually not check or ask if it was any good for Gaming.

Sadly, i'm not from the U.S where i can ask for a refund or for a replacement, neither does the place i bought it from allow it.

Alexis92

Honorable
Feb 16, 2014

If i was to buy another HDD, which one would be good for gaming and is better than this?

https://dynaquestpc.com/product-category/components/harddisk-harddrive-storage-hdd-ssd-portable/harddisk-harddrive-storage-hdd/desktop-3-5/hard-drive-desktop-3-5-harddisk-harddrive-storage-hdd/?orderby=price

I am limited to picking tho, i have a budget of P5,900 ( Philippine Pesos ) , I can't really go below 2 TB.